Can I have a little Milk

atomic1960

Just stated again and this time I will win and i hope with the help of you lot on here xx

I am not a great water drinker and I know we must and I will but I love my de cafe coffee and de cafe tea and I do do it black but can I take a little bit of milk plus a sweetener.

I hope someone will have the answer.

Just stated again and this time I will win and i hope with the help of you lot on here xx

I am not a great water drinker and I know we must and I will but I love my de cafe coffee and de cafe tea and I do do it black but can I take a little bit of milk plus a sweetener.

I hope someone will have the answer.

I personally always have a dash of skimmed milk in my tea. I usually have two mugs a day and it hasn't knocked me out of ketosis, so I think it should be okay as long as you dont go overboard with the milk. :D

Oh and sweetners are fine, the tablet form.

I use powdered skimmed milk in tea, one for convenience and two as it means I can easily measure the carbs. One teaspoon of the powdered milk I have has around 1.5g of carbs, as an example the strawberry sachet has 18.6g carbs.

I've had no issues with having 2 or 3 cups of tea a day, am still in ketosis and still losing weight.

And me too - had skimmed milk in morning tea all the time I was doing TS - but green tea the rest of the time.

GSQ

I have milk in my tea, and sugar free squash in my water sometimes too. I pay no attention to the no citric acid rule either, as i've done low carb diets before and it's never been mentioned. As long as it's sugar free (no carbs) and relatively calorie free, i drink it, and it's never done my diet any harm. I only have one fizzy drink a day though, but i drink quite a lot of squash x

Hello everybody, I'm on day 3, started this sunday. Feeling ok so far apart from a little dizzy n lightheaded today. Does this mean I'm nearing Ketosis?

Hello everybody, I'm on day 3, started this sunday. Feeling ok so far apart from a little dizzy n lightheaded today. Does this mean I'm nearing Ketosis?

It sure does :) It will be combination of the lack of calories, and your body running out of carbs to burn (hence energy) which means it will soon start burning fat - ketosis!

Back