Can I have the bars on the first week, or is it really bad? Cambridge

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by khazarji, 27 July 2009 Social URL.

1. khazarji

khazarji Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(7.62%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    I was wondering if I can have a bar on my first week rather than 3 weeks into the diet?

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chickenpie

chickenpie Cambridge Diet Councellor

It is not recommended to have any bars for 3 weeks. This is to make sure you are well into ketosis. The bars are higher in carbs and calories, so cdc's don't recommend that you have any until week 3, as you could knock yourself out of ketosis, eating the bars early could also slow your losses, it all really depends on how sensitive your body is to the extra carbs!

4. liza

liza New Member

what is kitosis?? what does it look like and when would you get it??

5. chickenpie

chickenpie Cambridge Diet Councellor

Hi Liza,
    Ketosis is not something you can physically see, it is a process that takes place inside the body. To put it simply it is when your body starts to burn it's own fat reserves. This state (ketosis) is a dieters friend as once you enter into it, you won't feel any hunger, and may experience a sense of well being!
    Carbohydrate you eat that doesn't get used through activity, gets stored as glycogen around the liver. It usually takes about 3 days for the glycogen stores to be burnt off, which is when you get to ketosis!
    You can test for ketones in the body by buying sticks which you wee on! You don't have to buy the testing sticks though, a good indicater of ketosis is bad breath!!

6. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    That was really well explained hon... xxx

7. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Loving the 'new' photo CurlyWurly - dress looks really good on you..

Tracy

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.