Can I have this?

slimdreamer

Any advise on this would be most appreciated.

I bought this before starting Dukan here in France. I know that the doctor says he doesn't like protein powders but I thought this one appears to be quite good as a flavouring. To me it appears to be much better than adding the no sugar/fat cocoa. I have never seen anything like it in the UK.

I would (have just done!) only use for example a Tbs for flavouring. The information below is for 72 grams which is 5 Tbs. It uses aspartame and has no added sugar.

Protein 58.3 g
Carbs 1.6 g
Sugar 0.2 g
Fat 1.2 g
Fiber 2.1 g

It has lots of vitamins and minerals.

Last edited:
What is it?

It is a protein powder. It is a meal replacement like slim fast I believe but with the above nutrients unlike slim fast. It is French and it is called Fitness & Minceur (translated fit and slim) Mega Protein. It is available in the French supermarkets. To me it appears it could be better than some of the other flavourings and tolerants like cocoa?

After a search this is the only link with details I could find on it:
Sport Nutrition Center - Mega Protein chocolat 400 gr

I French googled it on Dukan sites, and someone raised the question there. The response given by French dukaners is that they wondered what the missing g's consisted of as the actual figures for 100g are:

fitness et minceur de next nutrition
composition pour 100gr
proteine 80.9 gr
glucide 2.3gr
lipide 1.7 gr

melanger 72 gr à 150ml d'eau apporte
proteine 58.3
glucide 1.6
lipide 1.2

Frankly I've heard that he does say ok to Protifar (difficult to find in France except online purchases from Belgium), and only then as an ingredient to save on cornflour in your recipes.

Protifar nutritional info is:
Voilà ce que j'ai trouvé pour la composition de 100g du protifar :
composants : proteine 94g
glucide 2g
lipides 4g
fibre 0g
Sans gluten
Goût neutre
ingredients :
-concentré de proteines de lait, emulsifiant (lécithyne de soja)

Your product does seem to be "hiding" something? And I'd have thought if such a thing were authorised in France for Dukan, the manufacturers would be shouting about it!

Try and see if in doubt!

Thank you so much for the reply Maintainer.

I should have known there was a reason it wasn't recommended by Dukan because at least in this area it is readily available at all the supermarkets and is a very reasonable price. I think I bought the vanilla and chocolate on special two for €10 and they would last ages.

Wish I had asked before I used them. I have over the last few weeks added the vanilla to the OB muffins and today added for the first time a tbs of chocolate to fromage frais with sweetener. I already struggle with very slow losses so can't afford to give it a try.:(

Thank you again for your help.

On the package, are there any other figures? I'm pretty mystified as to what the other figures might be? (Atropos might have an idea if she's around... I'll give her a prod!)

It's very strange - as Jo says, 10% of this product seems to be missing!

I've had a quick look around at the issue of protein powders, but I'm no wiser.

My instinct says avoid - sorry I can't be more helpful

Just copying the exact listing of ingredients from the chocolate flavoured one. I'm sure it doesn't help much, I don't have a clue what most is!

Caséinates de calcium(émulsifant:lécithine de tournesol), cacao maigre 7%, blanc d'oeuf, arome (lactose), épaississant:gomme xanthane, minéraux: carbonate de magnesium-gluconate de fer, protéines de lactosérum(émulsifant:lecithine de tournesol), édulcorants: aspartame-acésulfame de potassium, antiagglomerant:méthionine. Contient une source de phénylalanine. Contient:lait,oeuf.

Well you did ask! :D

I'll try to remember when I get to work to raise it on the French site I use. I'm still intrigued! While not a fan of protein powders as a meal replacement, some French girls I chat to use Protifar instead of cornflour (annoyingly it's not used in the same proportions, so it's trial and error at the outset!) AND get it prescribed for them by their GPs and reimbursed by social security!!! (You'd not be deemed heavy enough by your GP before you pick up your phone!! ;))

Back