Can I join in? :)

Belle Bee

Hi everyone,

I have just started the CD this week. So far it's all going well.

I did LighterLife earlier this year (I'm usually on the LL Minimins forum) and lost just over 4st on it and was really pleased. I had to stop it mid summer though as not only was it my busiest work season (wedding photographer) but we also decided to move home and city. All of it got a bit too much with the diet as well, so I put it on hold briefly.

I managed to maintain my weight perfectly before the move, during the move it went up about 7lbs as we had take out most nights over the moving week and I can admit that I enjoyed it and it was happy to do it. After the move my weight then stabalised and I put no more on and I have been maintaining it perfectly.

So, everything is now settled, my peak work season is nearly over and so I thought it as a perfect time to start the diet back up.

I chose CD over LighterLife this time as although I love LighterLife (and probably couldn't have done CD without doing LL first) with all the group meetings and the amazing support I got, this time I wanted to do a plan that was more flexible for when I can see a counsellor and also I fancied having some different flavours.

This week I've been on SS+ 4 packs plus 200ml of milk, but next week I'm going to do the SS+ 3 packs and a 200kcal meal and carry that on until I reach goal. The reason I changed is that I don't like many of the flavours I like the CD tetra packs, mainly the choc one, although I may have the odd banana one. I will probably like some of the bars, but I don't like anything else! I'm weird with food and am quite fussy with tastes and textures. On LighterLife I existed on mainly veg soup with the odd bar thrown in. I do like most of the foods on the SS+ food list though, so I think that'll be good to have the meal.

Are many of you doing SS+ with the 3 packs and a 200kcal meal? How are you finding it?

Ignore my ticker, it's not been updated since the end of LighterLife, I had a weigh in on my first CD session, but I'd forgotten to wear my usual clothes and had heavy boots on, so I'm gonna start my weigh in's from next week.

Looking forward to losing weight and doing CD, I'm on day 5 now and all is going well!

Hope eveyone is having a good week x

Just wanted to say hi and well done on your very impressive loss so far and on maintaining it so well. How have you managed to maintain it? I'm on SS at the moment and just 6 days in, weigh-in is on Tuesday morning and I can't wait. I did this last year and did well but then life ran away with me and I put almost all of it back on again:( However, like you, my head is finally in the right place to tackle it again. Good luck and I look forward to "chatting" on here:)

Hi, good luck with CD. I'm sure you'll do great judging by how well you've done already! You must feel pretty proud of yourself to have maintained, must be the hardest part.

Thanks for the support!

Minxie, my weigh in is Tuesday just after lunch, we are weigh day buddies :)

I'm not sure how I managed to maintain so well, I learnt a lot about myself and eating when doing Lighterlife and I just tried to restrain myself and not go crazy. I didn't remove anything completely from my diet, just more moderation.

Looking forward to getting down to my goal weight this time, or at least close to it.

Fingers crossed for a good weigh in tomorrow!

Hi, welcome. Well done for your losses so far and good luck with CD.

hi there,
just wanted to say hi, good luck, and i too am a photographer.. so loving the wind down from the summer season!

Hope you are doing ok!

welcome and good luck with restarting on ur weight loss x

Well I had 1st weigh in and I'm 9lbs down so very pleased. Stuck to it rigidly this week and actually found it easy, especially the last 3 days as I've really got in to the swing of it.

I'm starting bars this week - the peanut one is lovely! I looooove nuts :)

Kes, it's good isn't it, it goes from chaos to calm :) I'm even taking a whole week off in November!

Hi Belle Bee!:D
Dont know if you remember me but i started Lighterlife with you and Calico and JaneyB in January! Seems we had our own little thread!!! (by the way Calico has done amazing!!!)
Well i got down to my goal weight with LL and felt fantastic however after going on holiday and meeting an amazing guy i still managed to maintain. I fell pregnant in a very short time but we were over the moon. Sadly i had a miscarriage at 11weeks. I am still with my boyfriend and he is my rock completley as are my friends and family. However the weight had crept back on due to emotional issues and i need to get back on track:break_diet: so here i am with a stone and a half to lose before my big 30! in December
Would love to do this journey with you again! I am due to get my packs tonight!
Good luck to everyone starting the journey! xxx

Hi BridgetJones29,

Yes I do remember you! I just went and had a look at the January Starters thread on LL yesterday and saw how well Calico was doing so I put a quick post there telling here how amazing she has done. Can't believe how much weight she lost!

I'm really sorry about the miscarriage, sounds like your boyfriend is fab though.

I think doing the diet will be a good thing as it'll keep you focussed on that and it's always a real sense of achievement when all the weight comes off!

I'm 31 at the beginning of November and would love to get a stone off for then, then I'll just have 1 1/2 - 2 stone to go, so hopefully I should be close to goal by xmas. Then I can put it all back on again over xmas ;)

Have a good meeting tonight and hope your 1st week goes well!

A x

Back