Can I keep doing it?

carebear1

Hi ladies,
I've been on the CD since friday(i think) but i have not asked my doctor if i can go on it, but when i went to him on one occasion he took it upon himself to just give me some xenical and told me to take two 3 times a day and told me to come back for repeat prescription. so for him my weight is a problem

I don't want to take them, the thought kinda scares me:eek:, with the horror stories you hear. so my question is do i really need to ask him if i can do the CD instead? also can i be on the CD and not go to meetings and stuff and just get the shakes sent in the post? I sole care for my 10 yr old disabled brother(my mum passed away) who needs constant care and i will not have the time to go to the meetings( i also do not drive) and i have a son.

is there even counsellers that will do that? or is my best bet the xenical:confused:

P.S sorry about my bad spelling

Hi there

Officially, as long as you eat after each 4 week period you don't need to see a doctor, although it's generally advised to see one before embarking on a strict diet especially if you have a lot of weight to lose. This is your choice though.

Have a look on the Cambridge website, some counsellors visit their clients with their food packs.

I'm sure a CDC will be along with more advice in a sec.... lol

Good luck!

It would depend on your BMI and whether you are on any mediction as to if you'd 'have' to get a form signed by your doctor.

Some CDC's do deliver, I know there's a couple in my area that do. We are not allowed to post diet without permission from head office and all CDC's must meet their client face to face before selling them the diet. You can buy up to 4 weeks diet at a time though and a CDC must see a client at least once every 4 weeks but preferably weekly :)

So if you can't get a cdc to deliver maybe you can find one near enough that you could pop out to once a month.

Good luck :)

Just to add to that - you cannot take Xenical whilst using the Cambridge Diet - it is contraindicated and the diet should not be supplied to someone taking Xenical unless the drugs are discontinued.

Thanks ladies, i'm looking for a cousellor near me now that is kid friendly and won't mind me bringing the boys along also I'm not taking the xenical so that wont be a problem.

i thought this would be a good diet to go on and still allow me to be able to lose and not have to go out to the gym/meetings( just use my home equiptment) but its looking like the the meetings are a most.

Thanks ladies, i'm looking for a cousellor near me now that is kid friendly and won't mind me bringing the boys along also I'm not taking the xenical so that wont be a problem.

i thought this would be a good diet to go on and still allow me to be able to lose and not have to go out to the gym/meetings( just use my home equiptment) but its looking like the the meetings are a most.

I'm sure you'll find a child friendly counsellor no problem!

Just a thought, looking at your BMI you will need to have the doctor sign your medical record form. Have a chat with your counsellor about it and he/she will explain it to you :)

Back