Can I pick up from where I left off?

~Lucky~

I've had a bit of a break from Slimming World after losing nearly 1 1/2st and my Club 10. Partially it was because my group was really cliquey and I just couldn't relate to the consultant so I tried giving it a go on my own and didn't really get anywhere!

I want to rejoin but go to a different group. Would I be able to pay the back fees and keep my 'official' loss at the new class or would I have to pay again to start fresh?

I think it's been about 6 weeks since i've been but I still have my card and books

I'm not sure about this. So I don't offer duff advice, I'd say give the new consultant a ring and ask her before you go to her meeting.
Good luck :)

Well it will cost far less to rejoin (9.95 for first week at the moment) then pay all those back fees. You can probably carry on using your old books to record your weight but most classes are electronic now and i don't think you can use your old weight in they system but nto sure.

Good luck finding a new class and consultant, let your new consultant know you foudn the old group very cliquey and she may introduce you to a few people.

Teresa

Well it will cost far less to rejoin (9.95 for first week at the moment) then pay all those back fees. You can probably carry on using your old books to record your weight but most classes are electronic now and i don't think you can use your old weight in they system but nto sure.

Good luck finding a new class and consultant, let your new consultant know you foudn the old group very cliquey and she may introduce you to a few people.

Teresa

Yep, that's gonna cost you an awful lot in back fees, I'd just rejoin as a new member, your total losses will come up as from what you start with now, but paying an extra £30ish quid just so you have the satisifaction of her reading out that you've lost 1.5 stone so far is probably a bit steep. You know what it is - you still have your book and the losses so far in there, so you can carry on using your old book.

If you found the old group a bit cliquey (I found the same with my first group) maybe speak to your new consultant about volunteering for pay and weigh, or the shop - I expect she has a full team, but you could always fill in when people are on holiday - or maybe suggest a new role (some groups have a separate bit for the shop for example, others just include it amongst the pay and weigh section, which can be a bit of a muddle - so if they dont already have a separate shop bit - offer to run that). Or you could sell raffle tickets. Or make cups of tea for people.

I really found I got much more involved when I started to volunteer

As its half price membership at the moment I'd rejoin and start a fresh. Thinking of rejoining myself tomorrow, not doing to well at home on my own, need to keep up with whats going on.

The answer to your question is Yes, you can pay the back fees and continue as you left off at your new group. But as has been rightly pointed out, £9.95 for a fresh start is infinitely cheaper than £29.70 for 6 weeks back fees.

But then, it might be worth it for you, to feel like you are just carrying on from before, and to not have to re-earn your earlier rewards. Its certainly something I would consider doing, simply because of the mindset I would face having to start totally from scratch.

Would it really be that much in back fees? When I joined my original group she told us that she wouldn't charge more than 2 weeks in back fees so if you didn't come for say 2 months then you would pay around £15 (£10ish for 2 weeks back fees and £5 for that day, you wouldn't pay for every week you hadn't been there). This was true when I was wavering towards the end of my last attempt at SW. I didn't go to class for weeks 9, 10, & 11 so when I went back on week 12 they gave me the option of rejoining for £10 or paying for 2 of the missed weeks and that day.

I thought this would be standard for most groups? :confused:

Obviously I wouldn't pay £30-£40 just to keep my current record but if it was the option of paying £15 and keeping it and £10 and starting fresh i'd be tempted to keep it. It would spur me on a lot more for them to say at group that so far i'd lost 1st 4lbs than just 4lbs. :devilangel:

I hate cliquey groups. The first Sw group I joined had about 3-4 sets of friends in it and anyone else was segregated.

It was horrible, can;t offer any advice on the re-joining but I only went for 1 week and then left and joined another one

I don't think groups are cliquey, I really don't. I think at all groups there will be people who sit together each week and know each other well. I've been going years, as have the people who I sit with every week, we're not cliquey - just good friends.
There are 3 or 4 groups who know each other well and sit together. We may well appear cliquey on first glance but it's not like that.

First impressions and all that.....

Thing is, since its all been electronicallyfied, the computer says how much needs to be paid. The only way to override that, is to do a rejoin, OR take holidays (which should be booked in advance), or be hospitalised. They have records of all this stuff now, so there is no way around it. The Cs are really not supposed to be lenient, and to be honest, I dont blame them - they have a living to make, after all, and rent to pay on the venue, and overheads for the class, whether people turn up or not.

There is always the option to rejoin - which gets you out of paying the backfees - but like I said, it depends on how much it would affect your mindset to be starting from scratch. Some people really benefit from a fresh start, others would find it harder.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll try giving her a call tonightif I get a chance. Failing that I'll just turn up at the next group, I'm rejoining eitherway!

Oh, and for the record when I got charged for the 2 missed weeks rather than the 3 it was after they'd gone electronic so the C didn't give me a particular discount herself (had the option of rejoining and starting from scratch or paying backfees and keeping progress. I chose the latter as I was close to club 10). So maybe it is standard but not generally publicised? I don't know for sure, just musing, but I'll try find out when I get back to class. Bit of a moot point this time around since I'm planning on buying countdowns to help me keep on track! X

Last edited:
well in that case it may be a standard fee - I do weigh and pay at our group but I havent ever had someone come back after such a long time and not choose to rejoin, so Jaylou is right in that it is best to contact the individual consultant.

Back