can i pick your brains please

geordiegirl

hello everyone

i'm just staring on the low carb path , thought you lot have so much experience you might like to help

i was looking to do the go lower program which is basically lo carb so thought i might give it ago my self till i can start with them

their plan recommends a cold breakfast type cereal with yoghurt on..... dont know how to substitute this ,

and soup for lunch

for tea it tends to be meat and sauce type food which you add your own veg

they also give you snacks

as you can see....... .nothing really difficult with their food except i'm stuck trying to find a low carb ready made soup for work , i work long hours so dont have a lot of time to cook , so if it makes my life easier shop bought would do nicely , the soups i've seen are over 30 + carbs per can

i understand we can have pork scratchings ............is this any make ????

also if i'm having a cooked breakfast on a weekend , can i have low sugar baked beans or tinned toms

how much milk is allowed per day ???

i know i need my greens every day , not a problem , i like them anyway but how much ???

also do i need to count my carbs up every day and not go over a certain amount???

i know , lots of questions , sorry , but i want this to work

thanks in advance

I think if you are going low carb you really need to get a book or check online site such as Fatsecret where you can calculate the carbs you eat each day. You might like to try Atkins, I am doing the Atkins plan and I love it. Might be easier to follow than a vague low carb plan where you have to work everything out for yourself. Have a look at The Atkins Community website as this has lessons and tons of advice, as has the Atkins forum here. There are other low carb plans such as the Neris and India diet, the South Beach Diet etc. Google the diets and see what they suggest you do.

You will need to count carbs every day, yes, to lose weight at a decent rate. It's a very easy way to lose weight but takes planning.

Good luck!

Back