Can I rejoin ye?

yummymummynot

Hi all

I was on LT back in May and June and did really well ( lost over 2 stone in a few weeks). I went to a family wedding and really intended to jump straight back on wagon. I was so determined but I didnt carry through. After the week away at the wedding I had gained about 2 -3 lbs. I (stupidly) thought I would loose that in a week and would weigh in at LT with no weight gain!!! I could fool the system - ya right!!! Obv that didnt happen and I gained a steady 2 -3 lbs every week telling myself i will start next wed!!! I am so disappointed in myself that that didnt happen. I have been afraid to come back on here as I know I let myself and everyone else down by failing. I thought of joining under different name but that wouldnt be honest to myself or those of you who supported me the first time. So sorry I let myself and everyone else down. I put back up half of what I had lost. Anyway am thinking of starting again on Wednesday (thats the day pharmacy do LT). Am feeling really down and soooooo disappointed. I cant believe I went back to my old habits so quick despite my determination to do otherwise. I really want to get back on track but I need to be honest about the mistakes I made. I was so gung ho about this diet and still think its fantastic.

So is there room on the wagon for me????

XXX

Last edited:
I'm sure Noonethinks you've failed. I would say the majority of people who end up on tfr have had weights that have gone up and down more times than a tarts knickers!
Maintaining weight loss is the hard bit and it seems we all have to learn this the hard way!

Good luck on your journey, you know you can do it and will be back where you want to be in no time!

At least you have faced your demons by coming back on here and admitting that you thought you could manage taking a break from TFR. TFR on its own is not enough without thinkng really hard about what you eat, why you eat and when you eat. We have to address these things and take a hard look at our habits or we will just go back in time once we finish TFR.
This is a fresh start for you, wipe the slate and get on with it. Drink plenty of water, keep active to avoid the munchies and roll on to your first weigh in.

Plenty of room, hop onboard!!

I'm a restarter too. Lost over 7stones last year and put back nearly 5 again!

I felt totally ashamed of myself too and felt I had let everyone down on the site but you really haven't. Just learn from your mistakes. I know I can't go back to my stupid bad eating habits or the weight will pile back on, as it will with any diet once you are at goal.

Stay positive, you can lose this weight and this time you will keep it off. Good luck!!

Hi all

thanks for the support and encouragement. I rang the pharmacy and made an appointment for today so I am hoping on board as of this morn. I really hope I havent put up too much since I left but I suspect its a little over a stone!!!

Anyway I will let ye know how I get on and am dreading the next few days as I remember how hard they were they last time. But I also remember how ok it was after that and how bloody good it felt on weigh in day.

So onwards and upwards

Talk soon

Hi yummymummynot (you have to change your user name to something a bit more positive!!!).... I have just restarted, on day 6. lost 2 stone last year, put one back on, restarted in feb this year, got ill and ate.... now restarting again.. have to say it hasnt been that bad this time!! You have to start off with a positive frame of mind... no beating yourself up and you certainly arent a failure!! Well donr for shifting two stone, of course you have put some back on, well, thats a lesson learned this time and you CAN and WILL do it this time and not make the same mistakes again!!!! whoop whoop... you are going to feel fab every day you are on lipotrim 9i try to tell myself this throughout the day!!).. within days you will notice the bloating and weight falling off... you have taken control again by phoning the pharmacy and you are in control now!!! well done.... xxxx

Back