Can i stay on SW if trying for a baby?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by charliebecca, 13 February 2010 Social URL.

1. charliebecca

charliebecca Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    reason i ask is im a bit confused. i know u should eat more as the months go by, but for the initial first couple of months is it ok? anyone have ne expereince

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think the amount you eat stays the same, I'm not too sure but you might be allowed an extra HEX when actually pregnant but I'm sure someone else will have more information.

4. Chelsea

Chelsea Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(14.08%)
    Diet:
    Who knows !!
    Yes, sw is fine if you are trying to get pregnant...and remember to staert taking your folic acid ....... and good luck !!!

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can do SW while trying to get pregnant, throughout your pregancy and post-birth even while breastfeeding as it's a balanced, healthy diet and just what you need. While pregnant you need to get a permission slip from your midwife saying it's okay. You don't get any extras until after the birth and then only if you breast feed. You would get more HEs, the number depending on the age of the baby and whether you are breastfeeding exclusively or weaning.

6. robsterswife

robsterswife Tummy Mummy

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23.12%)
    Yes I would say it is even more important to maintain a healthy diet whilst TTC, throwing lots of baby dust at you :)
    Good luck xx

7. robsterswife

robsterswife Tummy Mummy

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23.12%)
    Forgot to add you do not to eat anymore as the months go past ,for a start you get fuller quicker as your stomach becomes compressed and I think alot of people 'eat for 2' and cannot lose the weight after ,I have 4 babies lol !!

8. charliebecca

charliebecca Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks for the advice. thing id i wouldnt want my family to know till 3 months gone, and as i go to sliming world with some family, if all of sudden i had to stop it would look pretty sus! :)

9. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

there's a girl in my class who's pregnant. she continued to lose in the earlier stages, which she was happy about. she's now at 4 months and is eating to maintain.....expecting small gains as the pregancy goes into the latter stages. good luck :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.