Can i still give blood?

Cham Pers

size 8 by July
Im due to give blood soon and just wondered if i could whilst on TFR. Has anyone else done it so far? I think ive read somewhere that we have one pint of blood per stone of body weight. If we lose a stone in a week what happens to that surplus blood?

I always thought an average person has about 9 litres of blood, i haven't given blood recently so dont know about if we can or cant do it, I can't think why not, maybe just take it easy for a day or 2 afterwards to recover? x
And well done for giving blood, not many do!

Thanks Claire x i always try to do it a few times a year. Im on the bone marrow register as well. I registered straight after watching that film with Wil Smith 7 pounds oh its so sad. :)

You should not give blood unless you are off TFR for the week preceding and one week after donation.

Check with your Pharmacy for their recommendation on how many calories you should be taken in those weeks...I think the recommendation is around 1,200 to raise your energy levels.

Thanks Claire x i always try to do it a few times a year. Im on the bone marrow register as well. I registered straight after watching that film with Wil Smith 7 pounds oh its so sad. :)
I haven't seen it! I will look it up i like a good weepy lol, x

Thanks Mini i leave it for now and do it in 3 months time then xx

Back