Induction Can I still lose eating 2000 cals a day on induction?

Hi,

First time on atkins, I'm now on day 4.
Weird thing is I've had no head aches or feeling sick which I normally get with other diets. (I'm hoping I'm just lucky! And I am doing this right)
I'm sticking to 20g everyday, but my calorie count has been roughly 2,000. I am in ketosis as I purchased the sticks and they were a definate purple.

Although I have weighed myself and seemed to have lost around 3lbs so far, I'm just worried my calorie intake is to much. How many calories is everyone else having per day?

Thanks

I stick to my normal diet calorie intake which for my weight and height is 1200. If you are losing then you must be ok - if loss slows consider dropping it. It's still calories in calories out - I wouldn't lose on 2000. Hope that helps. Good luck

Thanks. I came down to 1700/1800 towards the end of the week. I weighed myself this morning (weigh in for my first week is Monday morning) and I've lost 3.3kg which is 7lbs! So I'm well chuffed with that. I haven't cheated at all, which I don't think I've ever done on a diet before. I strictly stuck to 20g carbs everyday and was always in ketosis checking with my sticks. :)

Back