Can I Take 1 Day Off?

HopeSprings

Gold Member
Hi all, I've been SS for 7 weeks now and it's my son's wedding on 25th August. I would like a couple of glasses of champagne and the meal (soup, duck & panacotta). Plus I'd like to try the wedding cake as I made it! I'm staying at the hotel overnight and will be back SS next morning - no full English for me. I'd like to know how this day off will affect me?

Hiya

My advice would be to work up the programmes for a few days before and then drop back into them afterwards otherwise you could be putting your health at risk drinking alcohol when on SS. Also if you haven't eaten and then have rich food you might have a dodgy tummy, I had a lady spent her 30th birthday in the loo as she went from SS to curry!

Anyway well done on your reduction so far and I hope the wedding is brilliant.

Mike

Some people find the diet more difficult by having a break, but as yours is planned and only a day, wouldnt think it would make too much difference.

I think, your son only gets married once (hopefully ;)) and you should just enjoy the day, and forget about dieting.

You have obviously worked very hard the last 7 weeks, you must be very pleased.

i had a day off ( not by choice) and its killing me getting back to it :O(

have a great day xx

Thanks guys, I think I could manage SS+ for a couple of days before and after, hopefully won't do too much damage that way. Mentally I think that will be staying on plan and easier to deal with.

Good luck Hope and enjoy the wedding - I'm sure it will be wonderful and you won't stray too far from CD......

hope you have a lovely day hun.xx

I think you need to be on a higher plan than SS+ to break ketosis if you are going to drink. Best check with your CDC though as im not 100%

i hope you enjoy the wedding. you've done so well in the past 7 weeks that i'm sure you'll remain focused. its my mums wedding on 7th september and i'm still undecided on what to do about eating. let us know how you get on x x x

Fizzy is right, it's very dangerous to consume alcohol while in ketosis, so you will need to be on a higher plan than ss+(think it needs to be 1000 to make sure you break ketosis, although some will if they eat enough carb on the 810)
Hope you have a great time :D

I'd have a meal a few days before & after with limited carbs, at the end of the day it's really important you enjoy your day! so just enjoy and worry about it after but going down the plans again, what Mike says is very interesting I read about it I think in one of the stickies about how it's easier to build up and go down again if you need too.

Hope the day is fabulous!

yeah just build up to it over the previous couple of days, best not to push your body into a different state so rapidly.
Judging by you current success Im sure you'll remain focused.

Enjoy the wedding!!
x

Hi and thanks so much for your encouraging messages. I was reading my book this morning and think I need to go up to 1000 calories so that I don't feel ill. I'm now thinking I'll see my CDC on Wednesday and then start going up the plan until the wedding on Monday then come back down over the next few days. Perhaps I'll still lose some weight if I don't go over 1000 cals. Watch this space.

Back