Can I take extra vitamins on CD?

Artyjoe

Anyone know?

I'd like to take Glucosamine and maybe a multi vitamin as my joints 'dried' up a bit last time I was on CD and don't want to have that happen again...any ideas?

Thanks - Joe

Sorry no idea, but I know I have read posts previously which says you shouldn't need extra vitamins etc.. as your packs should give you all you need, which is why it is so important to have all your packs.

HI Minime, the problem is I will be exercising a lot so will need more nutrients. Last time I was training to be an aerobics instructor on CD and had problems with my cruciate (sp) ligaments and was told to use Glucosamine so think it's likely I'll need to top up my nutrients.

I have heard you can have fibre too, that was something I didn't use last time but wished I had when I passed something the size of a rugby ball, so anyone know about that?

Thanks - Joe

Will I need vitamin supplements while using the Cambridge Diet?
The big plus about Cambridge is that, unlike other diets, you do not need to take extra supplements. Each item offers a third of the recommended daily allowance of all vitamins, minerals and trace elements, so three a day give complete nutrition. The main worry when people go on food-based slimming diets, is that reduction in food means reduced nutrient intake which in turn puts health at risk. It is impossible to achieve complete nutrition from conventional food on less than 1500 Kcal a day. Even then, extensive nutritional knowledge and a wide variety of foods need to be consumed to ensure adequate intake of all those vitamins and minerals. Cambridge has cracked that problem by formulating a diet that gives 100% nutrition and has programmes (up to 1500 kcal per day) using the Diet as a nutritional foundation with conventional food. Cambridge customers have confidence that they can lose weight safely and not put health at risk.

That is the official line but as with all medical queries then chat this over with your GP as he/she is the main source of clinical knowledge when losing weight (or any medical query)

Mike

Are you maybe thinking of the Fibre89?? you can purchase from your CD. Not sure how it works as never used it myself. sorry not been much help.

Hi Mike, so long as it doesn't affect anything I think I'll go with glucosamine as the CD doesn't say anything about exercising on SS and nutrients expended etc. I'll chat to the doctor next time I'm in and see what he says too!

Minime: I am thinking of Fibre89 but didn't realise it was a CD thing so I'll ask for it next time I pick up my packs.

Thanks a lot - Joe

Doesn't know anything about the vitamins question...

But is now petrified of impending 'rugby ball'!!!!

:eek:

Mares x

Back