Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Can I use powerplate while on CD?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by hypno1, 21 March 2009 Social URL.

1. hypno1

hypno1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating/orlistat
    Hi everyone,

I'm Gillian and i'm going to see CD counsellor on Mon night so hoping to start CD soon. I have about 5 1/2stones to lose. I have just bought a powerplate but can I use it while on CD? I know they don't recommend starting a hefty excersise regime if you haven't already exercised while on CD but this is a vibration plate, seemingly gives the same workout in 10mins as an hour at the gym. I wouldn't be going crazy with it but would twice or 3 times a week be ok do you think?

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dotti

dotti Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(16.24%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Welcome to CD Gillian! You should be ok, my OH is a regular gym user and gym instructer and reckons you will be fine. Just don't over do it. You will need to talk it through with your CDC but I find it best to have a SS+ day when I am going to the gym etc and my weight loss has been good. Good Luck! I'll keep a lookout to see how you are doing.

4. hypno1

hypno1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating/orlistat
    Thanks Dotti, that's good to know I can use it! Sounds like you are doing really great, how long have you been on the diet?
    x

5. dotti

dotti Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(16.24%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Well, I started reducing my portions and doing regular exercise in February 2008. Then I hit a bit of a blip in September (holiday, working all hours etc) and then before I knew it Christmas had arrived and after losing 3 stone I put a stone back on. My sister in law had done CD (started in May and by September had lost 3 and a half stone) so I decided I would give it a go to at least get rid of the stone I had gained.

It is hard work but worth it, just when you feel like giving up you get a nice big loss and it spurs you on again! I am determined to keep up with the exercise though. Last year my hubby and I did scarfell pike and ben nevis which was great, I also ran the race for life (which I plan to do again this year). My motivation has been more about getting fit rather than weight loss but I have to admit then when people start commenting on how good you look it feels great!

Good luck with your journey, I just know you are going to do sooooooooo well! Let me know what your CDC says about the powerplates.

6. crazylilblondie

crazylilblondie Pizza addict

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I dont see the problem with the powerplate... I still go to the gym a few times a week, just doing gentle exercise. Obviously it is best to exercise shortly after youve had a shake as otherwise you can feel quite light headed!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.