Can I use powerplate while on CD?

hypno1

Hi everyone,

I'm Gillian and i'm going to see CD counsellor on Mon night so hoping to start CD soon. I have about 5 1/2stones to lose. I have just bought a powerplate but can I use it while on CD? I know they don't recommend starting a hefty excersise regime if you haven't already exercised while on CD but this is a vibration plate, seemingly gives the same workout in 10mins as an hour at the gym. I wouldn't be going crazy with it but would twice or 3 times a week be ok do you think?

x

Welcome to CD Gillian! You should be ok, my OH is a regular gym user and gym instructer and reckons you will be fine. Just don't over do it. You will need to talk it through with your CDC but I find it best to have a SS+ day when I am going to the gym etc and my weight loss has been good. Good Luck! I'll keep a lookout to see how you are doing.

Thanks Dotti, that's good to know I can use it! Sounds like you are doing really great, how long have you been on the diet?
x

Well, I started reducing my portions and doing regular exercise in February 2008. Then I hit a bit of a blip in September (holiday, working all hours etc) and then before I knew it Christmas had arrived and after losing 3 stone I put a stone back on. My sister in law had done CD (started in May and by September had lost 3 and a half stone) so I decided I would give it a go to at least get rid of the stone I had gained.

It is hard work but worth it, just when you feel like giving up you get a nice big loss and it spurs you on again! I am determined to keep up with the exercise though. Last year my hubby and I did scarfell pike and ben nevis which was great, I also ran the race for life (which I plan to do again this year). My motivation has been more about getting fit rather than weight loss but I have to admit then when people start commenting on how good you look it feels great!

Good luck with your journey, I just know you are going to do sooooooooo well! Let me know what your CDC says about the powerplates.

I dont see the problem with the powerplate... I still go to the gym a few times a week, just doing gentle exercise. Obviously it is best to exercise shortly after youve had a shake as otherwise you can feel quite light headed!

Back