Can I....

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Treats, 21 October 2008 Social URL.

1. Treats

Treats Silver Member

I have finally found out that quark is fromage blanc over here .. .which is great yayyyyyyyyy!!

But... as there is always one... would you say that cottage cheese is like quark and can be substituted for the same thing as for the life of me I can not find cottage cheese!!!

I want to make a quiche but it says cottage cheese :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. paulsrich

paulsrich Full Member

Hiya, Sorry I cant help with your question. Why not try this reciepe. Its lovely!!!!!

Pasta Quiche

(Sin Free – Green)

Ingredients;
    1 packet of Batchelor's Pasta N' Sauce (Cheese, leek & ham flavour).
    4 eggs
    Black pepper
    Tomatoes

Method;
    1. Make the Pasta N' Sauce according to pack instructions, using all water instead of any milk. Allow to cool slightly.
    2. Whisk the eggs. Stir in the Pasta N' Sauce and mix well.
    3. Pour into a large flan dish, top with the sliced tomatoes & cook in the oven @ 190'C/375'F/Gas 5 for about 30 minutes until the eggs are set and the top is golden.

4. Treats

Treats Silver Member

Thanks paul that sounds so lovely but I have to stick with natural things as I don't live in the uk and can't get bachelors pasta things :cry:

I will keep it in mind for when I do go back to get some ... thanks :D

5. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

someone posted on here not long ago saying they used quark instead of cottage cheese to make a quiche and thought it was better - worth giving a try :)

6. Treats

Treats Silver Member

great I think I will just give it a go and let you all know when I do it and how it tastes... thanks all

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.