Can one day of drinking constantly ruin my diet completely?

On Wednesday, it's my University's varsity. I've got a load of cans of cocktails and cider and stuff to take with me and I've decided that I'm just not gonna calorie count on that day. If I drink, say, 10 cans of cider, will my diet be completely ruined and will I definitely have a gain that week, or can it be saved when I start being good the next day?

I really want to drink for varsity, but I don't want to jeopardise my diet in the process.

Also, please don't say have diet drinks with vodka because I clearly can't take that to a rugby match...

Be good for the rest of the week...not just one day to make you not gain.

When i was uni i used to put vodka or malibu in a bottle of diet coke obviously with diet coke abduction carry that with me. I hate beer and how bloating it is. I would say try to have domethin healthy made for when you come home and also next day when hung over do a skinny fry up. Just make sure you plan one day Wont hurt you've gotta live your life and enjoy uni as you'll regret it just plan and make informed choices.

Sarah xx

Don't worry about one day! Just keep the willpower going to carry on after that day! Don't miss out on the days of uni that you'll never get back again, and more importantly, have fun! :)

You can take vodka and diet coke to a rugby match, I have before. Like someone else said, mix the vodka into the diet coke before you go and it's fine. Likelihood that isn't what you want though, whether you could or not. 10 cans of cider is a lot. That's going to be around 2500 calories and a hell of a lot of sugar alcohol and carbs. So the calories won't be particularly helpful for you losing but the alcohol will bloat you and cause you to retain water. So yes, you're likely to see a gain that week after drinking that much. You may be lucky and get a sts but I highly doubt you'd have a loss. If it's what you want to do then just need to stick to plan for the rest of the week, prepare yourself for a gain or sts and then just stick to plan after and you'll get back to losing.

Back