Can Prescription Drugs Effect Ketosis?

Sedalia

Since Monday, when I started a new beta blocker, my ketostix show no ketones whatsoever.

I would say that if you arent in ketosis and have stuck to LT 100%, it must by process of elimination be something in the beta blocker, maybe some carbs used as a filler. My pharmacist did tell me that some prescription medicines can knock you out. I would have a word with your GP if I were you...

Great. I didn't want to tell him because he doesn't approve of LT

Thats a good idea...give you GP a buzz. Also I would check the doc is ok you are on LT and SSing just if you are on meds its important they work ...your health is very important....best of luck

No I just went to a pharmacist and picked the shakes up.

I don't feel hungry at all, surely if I am out of ketosis I would be hungry?

You dont need a signature on LT Maggie, but you do go through a med form with the pharmacist and you do have to tell them every single medicine you are taking - Charlotte, ask your pharmacist in that case, she is bound to know the answer.

Ill just stop taking them, I only got them for headaches and they aren't working anyway.

I am not hungry at all, surely that is a sign that I am still in ketosis?

Sorry for the panic, hehe. I just tested and it was a light pink. Guess in the afternoon is my only time.

Yeah sorry I am such a silly sop. I will stop taking the pills tomorrow because they are making me feel rotten and not getting rid of my headaches, the only fear I have is what this has done to my weight loss, somehow I don't think it's going to be so good when I go next week.

Dont worry about it charlotte if you werent hungry then you are probably OK. Dont stress just wait for you weigh in and see what happens. worrying is not going to make any difference now. :)

Aaw Charlotte, bless you. Have you tried any other remedies for the headaches? Reflexology might help, it can work really well....

Ive had them for 2 years, Ive had everything acupunture the lot, now I am on a heavy dose of medication. They just don't know what it is, I've taken so many nurofen in the past I now am on tablets to reduce the acid produced in my stomach because of the effects of the painkiller. I am a medical marvel.

You think in this day and age they would be able figure out what this pain in my head is.

I know, its crazy isnt it? I have a friend who gets really bad dizziness, so much so she struggles to go out of the house some days - and despite loads of tests they still have no idea what it might be. Not good, not good at all.

Oh Charlotte you have you are really having a tough time...sorry to hear that...least your diet is something postive to focus on...((((hugs)))))

Back