Can someone explain Extra Easy in more detail please

First78

Please could someone explain the extra easy thing for me please, I've read some of the posts that talk about this and I'm not sure I have understood it correctly. I have done SW before but only when there were red and green days, I now want to do the plan again but as I have just been made redundant I cannot afford to join a class.

Am I right in thinking that there are now red, green and extra easy days?

If I have an extra easy day do I still get 2 A's and 2 B's along with my syns for the day?

I read somewhere that for extra easy you have to have 1/3 super free food on the plate, does that mean breakfast, lunch and dinner, and what are super free foods...are they the same as free foods?

Please, please can someone help me out as I'm desperate to do this diet, stick to it properly and lose weight to feel a bit better about myself. Thanks.

Please could someone explain the extra easy thing for me please, I've read some of the posts that talk about this and I'm not sure I have understood it correctly. I have done SW before but only when there were red and green days, I now want to do the plan again but as I have just been made redundant I cannot afford to join a class.

Am I right in thinking that there are now red, green and extra easy days? Yes that's right. EE is the one that SW seems to promote, but you CAN do red or green or a mix of all 3.

If I have an extra easy day do I still get 2 A's and 2 B's along with my syns for the day? No with EE you only get 1 HEA and 1 HEB

I read somewhere that for extra easy you have to have 1/3 super free food on the plate, does that mean breakfast, lunch and dinner, and what are super free foods...are they the same as free foods? No super free is not the same as free. Super free is your fruit, salad and vegetables, but not including potatoes. And it is suggested that you do it for all 3 meals, although sometimes it can be hard to incorperate 1/3 veg into a meal, in which case you could have a large salad on the side or a bowl of fruit right after, but generally speaking you should aim to have 1/3 of your plate super free

Please, please can someone help me out as I'm desperate to do this diet, stick to it properly and lose weight to feel a bit better about myself. Thanks.

Good luck and welcome!

Thanks for replying Helen, that's made it clearer to me. Could you just tell me how it works mixing carbs and meat....I fill up 1/3 of the plate with super free food but then how do I know how much meat or pasta I can have? Do I have to weigh them?

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick, it just seems hard to get my head around.

I've only done EE and it seems very simply and the red and green are more complicated, but that's probably because I've never done them.

You don't need to weigh your free foods, and you can have whatever combinations you like. Only one Hex A and B though.

Superfree is really fruits and veg, apart from potatoes, and cooked without oil, sauces etc (obvious really).

I have found it really simple to follow because there is so little weighing and measuring involved.

Good luck.

so pasta and lean meat would be free on EE?

Yes they are free on EE providing 1/3 of the plate is super free. Potatoes, peas and sweetcorn are not classed as super free. so have 1/3 of the plate protein, 1/3 carbs and the other 1/3 with super free veg/salad.

Back