Can someone explain how Slimmer of the week works please.

Dodders!

Hi All

I hope everyone is well.

The title says it all please can someone explain to me how slimmer of the week works.

I ask because I am always surprised by who gets it.................:confused:

Thank you

At our class in order to get SOTW you have to

1. Be person with highest weight loss that week.

2. Maintained or lost weight the week before.

3. Stayed for class week before and that week.

I think they ought to set this in stone - because at my class they award SOW when the person hasn't stayed to class - and I think that is wrong UNLESS it was something they couldn't possibly do - like be at work or illness etc.

a lot of the SOW's are awarded despite not stopping to class - at all - ever "!

I also think they ought to award the SOW & SOM and announce what their weight loss has been. As I heard a couple of people say that they thought they should have got the SOM but didn't want to argue it !

at our group you must have lost the week before, had the biggest loss the current week and stay to group, if the person is not there the basket gets raffled.

I'm not really sure how I though it worked...someone in my group got it when they lost 2lb... I had lost 4... I stayed for class both weeks and did gain the week before..I am unsure what SOW did the week before........

I didn't think C's could operate their judgement any more, I thought the PDAs told them who the SOW and SOM are!

And our class is similar to Eve's, if they've gone home, the basket is a second raffle prize!

At my class the PDA decides, I was SOTW at my class this week because I was the highest loser over 2 weeks.
I lost 3lbs this week and 3lbs last week, so 6lbs earns me SOTW. Another lady lost 5.5lbs obviosly didn't get it, not sure what she did last week, but she has a good chance this coming week with just a small loss.

Does anyone else think it seems a bit unfair that slimmer of the week goes to those with the biggest loss that week.

Unfortunately not everyones metabolism results in big losses, so some may continously lose a small amount each week and therefore not get recognised for their hard work and motivation, when they have probably been just as focused as someone who experiences big losses all the time.

I agree Britmum, I think they should work it like The Biggest Loser, where it goes on percentage weight lost. For someone who is smaller, 1 or 2lbs will be a massive amount, compared to someone who loses 3 or 4 but is bigger.

Does anyone else think it seems a bit unfair that slimmer of the week goes to those with the biggest loss that week.

Unfortunately not everyones metabolism results in big losses, so some may continously lose a small amount each week and therefore not get recognised for their hard work and motivation, when they have probably been just as focused as someone who experiences big losses all the time.
I think it would be too complicated to base it on whoever lost the biggest percentage of their body weight - though I see what you are getting at.

Someone 20st overweight will always win SOTW v people with 20lb to lose. Or at least they should do.

Having said that, as it is all done by PDA now, perhaps it wouldn't be so difficult?

At our class you have to have lost or maintained the week before and lost the most that week. You also have to have stayed to class that week otherwise the basket gets raffled.

Pretty early on doing SW I resigned myself to the fact that I will NEVER win SOTW :cry:. My losses are just far too slow and the group is so big. I still always bring something in for the basket, though :).

Well that's what I thought. It shouldn't be too difficult for a PDA to work out the weight loss as a percentage of the previous week's weight.

I helped with weighing a couple of weeks ago, and the PDA already works out percentage of weight lost, so it wouldn't be too difficult to change to a "biggest loser" style.

Back