Can someone help?

Lady Mhoram

I weighed in today (all though dont officially record weight until tonight with my friend) and I seem to have lost 1 pound. Compared to last week that's not much at all. I did weigh myself midweek and I was a pound lighter than that.

I'm getting a bit worried as this is the weight I got stuck at last time. I wondered if anyone could have a look at my diary and tell me what you think? I'm going it alone until my job changes in September (I work away so much now it's hard to commit to a weekly class) so I don't have a leader to ask.

I'm having 7 syns a day. Should I be having more, eating more free food, cutting down on fruit? Any ideas.

I would do lots of walking to speed up the loss as I love walking, but I have injured my foot so can't do any for 6 weeks :(

Really apprichiate any ideas

Ok i've had a quick look and have some suggestions and questions. You should try not to weigh yourself (and i am THE worst for that) as your body naturally changes it's fluid levels through the day and the week.

What are syn free meringues?
Do you make the couscous yourself or is it a ready made from the shop?

I think you are short on your superfree foods. You have some fruit and veg each day but i think more will help speed your loss. Try and vary your lunches a bit so you're body doesn't get used to one thing. I also think you may not be eating enough, and that's linked to the superfree thing. How about trying extra easy, you seem to have grasped mix2 max and that's a much harder concept! The other thing you could try if you do really stick is success express, it seem a bit harder but might break a plateau if you are truely stuck.

Thank you so much for taking a look.

Syn free merguines are sweetner and egg white beaten together. Theu are free, but I try and only have one a day in my yogurt as it took a lot of sweetner to make them.

The couscous is normally Ainsley Harriot (about 1 syn each) so I can take it into work in a rush, but I do make it at home sometimes.

I will try eating more superfree food this coming week (should I have more free meat/carbs with my meals too) and drinking lots more water, as I know I've been short on that a few days. I may try extra easy if Mix2Match stops doesn't work well in the next few weeks, but I really like it as a plan and much prefer it to the Green and Red days I started out on.

I want to loose about 1.7 stone, so am trying to keep my syns at 7, especially as I can't walk at the moment. Does that sound OK?

Thank you again for taking the time to reply :)
Thank you for the advice

I say with syns have as many as you need. I eat loads. they laugh at me at my class because i'm always telling everyone to eat more, and what i've eaten seems loads, but the weight is coming off. I am doing EE this week and its still seems to good to be true, hoping for 1.5lb loss which would be great as i've had Chilli and rice, stir fry and rice, full roast dinner with loads of spuds, meat, peas, sweetcorn, greens and carrots and some syns for gravy, skinny cow ice cream (4.5 syns) and gammon and a mound of potato wedges with mushrooms and corn. I've also had pasta for lunch with garlic and herb soft cheese (hexA) and bacon with side salad,and omlettes with salad as well. Work is more tricky, but pasta, couscous and rice salad is easy to take and you can add loads of fruit and veg to those, as well as mugshots, normal salads with low syn dressing (tesco ceasar is 0.5syn a tablespoon) and SW quiche (recipes in the recipe section) i think you'll be fine.

Thank you chuffy. I will try and vary my lunches a bit more and increase my free food - fruit, veg and maybe bigger portions of free food (green or red) with my meals. I will also drink more water. Hopefully that will help!

Thank you again :)

Chuffy's given you some great advice there :)

I would add that you've not got masses to lose, so 1lb is a really reasonable amount of weight to shift in a week, especially considering your good loss last week. Your body is probably adjusting! And also as you aren't active at the moment, 1lb is fab.

Don't trust the scales on any other day than your WI day! I'm not one to talk, as I do weigh at other times too, but it's never a good indication and is a bad thing to do.

Also, don't panic about getting *stuck* at a weight. Panicking will make you reduce your syns unnecessarily, and eat less, which in turn may cause you to maintain or even gain, as your body might panic and cling on to your fat!!
Even if you stick for a while, eat through it. Stick with the plan and it WILL come off eventually. Honest!

Thanks Hellie. I am happy with 1-2 lb a week as long as it's consistent. I love this diet, so I don't mind if it takes longer than some other plans.

I have agreed with myself that I am going to do it at least until I move house in August and then review how it's gone. Someone on the board did say that the most accurate way to measure weight change is only to weigh yourself once a month, so I figure that time period will be an accurate indication.

I am sure it does work because I lost on it before, but I did stuggle to get below a certain weight. I wont give up easily, it's too good a diet to just walk away from.

Thank you :)

Thanks Hellie. I am happy with 1-2 lb a week as long as it's consistent. I love this diet, so I don't mind if it takes longer than some other plans.

I have agreed with myself that I am going to do it at least until I move house in August and then review how it's gone. Someone on the board did say that the most accurate way to measure weight change is only to weigh yourself once a month, so I figure that time period will be an accurate indication.

I am sure it does work because I lost on it before, but I did stuggle to get below a certain weight. I wont give up easily, it's too good a diet to just walk away from.

Thank you :)
My consultant always says look at your weight over a 4-6 week period as it gives a better picture. If you need more help just ask :)

Thanks guys. Just one more question. Should I be eating more of the free meat or carbs (depending if it's green or red) and mullers, or just increase the free fruit and veg?

Thank you so so much :)

Back