Can someone please explain

smspencer

why slim a soup (with about 50 calories in) are 2.5 or 3 syns, but pasta n sauce (with about 350 calories in) is free? I just don't get it.

Well as I understand it, soup isn't very filling, especially ones which are basically flavoured water. Pasta n sauce on the other hand will fill you up so it's not wasted calories. You would have to eat an awful lot of soup to feel as full which means you end up eating more cals.

I think all pasta and sauce were free, years ago you used to only have 1 HEA. They recently added 2 HEA and food that has cheese in that were previously free are now syned. ie the macaroni cheese was free and is now 2syns. I still have 1 HEA and still have these as free, works for me.

I understand that (it's the same theory as fruit smoothies for example) but then why don't they say you can have 1 or 2. This would be better than syning them imo. Sometimes I just fancy something that's more than a drink but not quite food if you know what I mean, and cupasoups are so good for that :(

Back