Can someone recommend a romantic hotel to celebrate a silver wedding anniversary?

TeresaTT

This July it will be our silver wedding anniversary and I've been scouring the net looking for a romantic hotel that does great food and is ideally by the sea and possibly with a spa. I've seen a couple of possibilities but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. We're looking at luxury hotels but don't want to go much over £1000 for three nights dinner, bed and breakfast.

I hope to be at my target weight by then and hopefully I will have some lovely outfits to wear to dinner.

No recommendations I'm afraid. Having 5 young children I can't imagine the luxury of a few days away without them, lucky you.
Just wanted to say congratulations. DH and I will have been married 25 years in August, we're buying a bottle of expensive wine to celebrate!!

When I got married me and my husband stayed in a beautiful hotel on lake windamere. It is called Low Wood and we had a four poster bed with jacuzzi bath. When we arrived they had scattered red and yellow rose petals all over the room and bathroom. We had a view of the lake and we had champagne and chocolates on arrival and we also got personalised glasses with the hotels name on. I really would recommend this for a romantic break. I think it has a spa etc. but we never used these ;) .Here is a link (hopefully)

http://www.elh.co.uk/hotels/lowwood/index.aspx

Guys Thatched Hamlet near Blackpool is totally lovely

Can I recommend the Sea Marge hotel in Overstrand, in Norfolk, it is in a beautiful setting, sea views and some rooms have spa baths which are fantastic. The food is brilliant and its a great area for a relaxing break, we go there at least every couple of months just to wind down.

Did you find somewhere nice in the end Teresa? I hope you had a lovely break for your anniversary.

If I had been here in time I would have recommended the Von Essen Hotels chain von Essen hotels : Luxury Country House Hotels In UK France - they have stunning old buildings including castles etc. We stayed at Washbourne Court in the Cotswolds, which is a former Eton cramming school and everything about it was fabulous. They even catered for our dog and let us put his bed by the open fire next to us in the restaurant whilst we ate our dinner in the candlelight! Luxury Cotswold Hotel : Washbourne Court In Lower Slaughter

I'd forgotten about this thread. Thank you for all the suggestions. As we had our honeymoon in the Lake District we decided to go back there for our anniversary, though not the same hotel as it we can afford something a bit better now. I found a fabulous hotel by Ullswater Lake, Hotel in Ullswater - Macdonald Leeming House Hotel, Ullswater We had a small suite with a balcony and view of the gardens and lake. The room was wonderful and the hotel was very romantic. We had gorgeous meals and I ate loads, especially at the breakfast buffet. It was a nice, quiet hotel in beautiful surroundings and perfect for our anniversary.

Back