SlimToBeSamples road to recovery - the Ups & Downs

Yeah Anju I am really focused this time, I don't know what has changed, maybe I have got to a point where my head has just said "STOP" or something but I am liking this new focused me!

I forgot to do magic porridge last night so this morning, I made it with water (which tastes rank imo) but I made it thick, then added 1/2 a vanilla muller (I didn't realise I picked up the choc sprinkles one but couldn't taste that) that was quite pleasant, on par with the magic porridge if you forget to make it the night before lol! I also forgot to make my quiche last night so I whipped one up this morning with the help of my 22 month old constantly asking "what doin" "whats dat" "me taste" "discusting" lol and poking her fingers in everything. I cut it fine and had to whip it out the oven, cut it in half pop it in a Tupperware and run out the door (I was still 10 mins late whoops) it is now chilling in the work fridge ready to have at lunch with salad.

So last night, Week 1 weigh in I lost.............5 LB!!!! I was REALLY REALLY pleased, I know the first one is usually bigger so I am under no illusions this will continue but I am hoping for 2lb next week to get my half stone (that took me about 10 months to get last time haha!)

How did you go on one your weigh in lovely?

Wow, 5lbs brilliant, well done! That is so fantastic. I lost 3 yesterday and was pleased to get my 3.5 stone award finally! I have been desperate to reach my "half century" so was really proud to be able to add that to my profile on here!

Wow, 5lbs brilliant, well done! That is so fantastic. I lost 3 yesterday and was pleased to get my 3.5 stone award finally! I have been desperate to reach my "half century" so was really proud to be able to add that to my profile on here!

Well done on the 3lb that is brilliant as well and as for the 3.5 stone that is AMAZING - I bet you fell over the moon! Have you noticed it make a bit impact on your life, like are things really that much easier, has your confidence rocketed?

Keep up the good work!

It has made a big difference to my confidence, I feel "brighter" and definately more willing to do active things as I am not worried all the time of being exhausted and red faced. The whole losing weight is such a roller coaster though, the scales dictate a lot of my mood, if they have gone up suddenly then I do feel deflated. I am trying not to weigh in every day, but cant help myself. Went shopping yesterday and brought some size 18 tops, some fit and some dont ... yet. this helps keep me motivated and focussed on the next losses

that's great though about the confidence thing - I used to be really confident, now I may appear confident to people but am not and always think of ways to get out of things. Like next wednesday lunch time, 2 of the ladies I work with have convinced me to go to a Bums & Tums class and I am dreading it, I am going to make a complete fool of myself :cry:I understand what you mean about the scales dictating your mood though, I am very much like that, even with 1lb on I have to talk myself out of giving up, that is the difference for me this time though, last time if I weighed and saw a gain I just blew it but now I seem focused and am like just carry on and see what the scales say at weigh in come tuesday.

Good news about getting the size 18s something to spur you on!

I weigh morning and night every day haha

Ha - I just nipped to the toilet and cam back and all staff have had a delivery on our desks, looks like a metal pencil case time and says on it "this is a thank you from us to you for "doing what it says on the tin" and standing by our company strapline as we have been voted most trusted financial provider 2013" I opened it thinking oh great a bunch of pens/pencils, cheers just what I want....not (lol) and it was a ton of Jelly Belly beans.....not good, these are my FAVOURITE sweets and now they are OPEN!!! I have put them in my handbag with the intention of giving them to the kids tonight but my god they are calling my name!! I wonder how many syns there are per sweet!

well it is my Daughters christening on Sunday, we have left it a little late as she is 2 in August but time just ran away with us and we never got around to booking it! She is VERY excited about having a party - I am hoping I still manage a loss on the scales come tuesday. I am taking some SW quiche for me and my BFF who is doing SW with me (also the god mother) and were hiding it under the table so we can munch on that and people might think it's weird but I told the guy doing the catering to do salads and some healthy foods and he said instead of sandwich's he is going to do a load of buttered teacakes/buns/rolls (what ever it is you call them in the part of the country you are reading from ha) and then a meat platter, a cheese platter and some bowls of tuna & egg mayo so people can build their own - which is brill for me and her as we can get meats and salad! Also on the G&T or vodka and diet coke, they have the Martini Dry but no diet lemonade (may sneak some in hehe!)

So far I'm feeling positive about the plans, I am just not so sure about the temptations on the day - the bonus is, the food is in a separate room so there will be no picking at least!

dont stress about it, just enjoy the day and worry about the weight later on. Dont get me wrong - it is good to stay in control if possible, but your daughters christening will only happen once - dont let the food element take away from the pleasure of being with your loved ones and the celebration. Stay in control, but if you dont - then correct it during the next week. Have a wonderful, wonderful day and make sure you put up some photos xxx

Thanks Anju - We had a lovely day, it was really good and lovely to see family who don't live close by and the sun was shining so that was a bonus. I have not got round to getting the pics of the camera's yet but will pop a few up when I have - hopefully there will me none of me and just my gorgeous little lady haha

I put 1lb on this week which was to be expected, I didn't go mad at the christening, stayed away from the Pie and Cider lol but I had some pate and white baguette with all my meat, and I lost track of the Vodka Syns lol, then as we had only eaten around 1pm and got home about 8pm, put the kids to bed and it was 9pm me, DH and Godmother all were starving so we got a chinese, but we had 1 special fried rice between 3, then hubby had prawn toast and me and GM shared Chilli Chicken which I asked them to make without batter so it wasn't massively bad but obviously contributed to the 1lb - I am back on it now though (well I was from Monday) and have been good all week.

I just made a boo boo as I forgot my lunch went to get Chicken breast and Salad from the canteen but no Chicken so had to get Salmon which is £1 more which meant I didn't have enough money left on my card (we work a food card option not cash at the tills) to get the salad pot so had to opt for a 65p cous cous pot, I have no idea what it weighs so don't know how to syn it! I would have to make up some cous cous tonight at home and fill the pot I guess.

We are out tomorrow night for a friends bday, no food just booze so I am going to be naught and take my own Vodka in a water bottle and only drink that (buy diet coke and add my own voddy) that way I can syn it before I go and no EXACTLY how much I have had the next day - I will resist the 2am curry as well and am going to look up if I can just have plain chicken tikka as a back up. Plan Plan Plan - that is clearly my key to success.

Oh and exercise, I really must DL the 30 Day Shred this weekend to start that on Monday.

Weather is going to be gorgeous this weekend and monday so lots of garden time (i.e running round after the kids lol) and might go for a walk with them Sunday to get out and about which all must count for body magic!

Sounds like the christening went well and you enjoyed the day, which is the main thing. Doesn't let you off he hook for photos though.
If you are on EE the cous cous is free. It really does depend on what else has been added to it.
have a good weekend and enjoy the 30 DS, I haven't got that yet, but am tempted, so would interested in your feedback. Take care xxx

haha well I don't actually think I am IN any photos unless anyone got any decent ones of me at the front during the actual christening! I was/am always the one BEHIND the camera....at the moment.

I am doing Red days (always do!) so unfortunately the Cous Cous is syned but I put it in at 25g (dry) which was 4.5sy as when I did JUDDD I ate A LOT of couse cous and did 100g Dry weight a day and it was a MASSIVE portion once cooked, this portion was at the most 1/4 of the 100g one so I just pegged it as that as rather slightly over syn than under syn!

I made some home made Chicken Tikka strips the other day, the were DELICIOUS - I wish my DH didn't like them as I wanted them all!! All I did was mix 250g of low fat natural yoghurt (2.5 Syns - we had it in the fridge, next time I will buy the Fat Free one which is Syn Free), about 1 table spoon of Tandoori spice (Free) and 1 table spoon of Paktar Tikka Paste (1 Syn) I then Dipped in the chicken to the mix, and popped them in the frying pan (fry lighted) and turned every 2/3 minutes re-coating them each turn. The whole lot was 3.5 Syns, but it was for 2 of us so only 1.75 Syns for 1 portion (I rounded up to 2). It would be gorgeous in a salad cold as well. Excuse the fact there is also a Chilli spiced Mackrel on the plate, I was using stuff up before it went Out Of Date (Side salad was also had)

tikka1.jpegtikka2.JPG

I will let you know how I Find the 30DS - I expect it to be hard haha. I've not actually looked at it, so I don't know if it is a Daily thing or alternate or what - I will let you know the outcome though!

Its suppose to be daily, but i lot of people i know who do it just do it like twice a week or something

Whoops - keep forgetting to update my diary!!

Well it's weigh in tonight. Last week I STS but I was happy with that as it was That time of the month and I usually put on, I had a sneaky scale just this morning and I was a fair few lb's lighter but a) it was morning and b) my scales are slightly different to class but I'm hoping that will still be a couple of LB tonight!

We had a BBQ at the weekend and I made Syn Free Tzaziki and it is DELICIOUS, I am now making it to add in with my lunch time salads and my tea time food as well! I also made a low Syn coleslaw and that was nice as well, they both made my plate of salad and meat go with a bank and I didn't miss the bread and "traditional" BBQ stuff at all!!! I also made a vodka fruit punch with sugar free summer fruits and diet lemonade and fresh fruit, that was refreshing as well.

I'm really pleased with myself rebuffing my husbands advances of take away lol - I usually cave but I have been holding strong at his nightly requests, when I say "you get one and I'll get my own tea" he can never be bothered and just has what I am having.

oooo coors light as well - i bought some of that at the weekend, it's 5 Syns a bottle and it was lovely and refreshing with fresg limes squeezed in, drinking that in the summer sun I didn't feel bad at all.

Well I was chuffed to loose 3 last night which gave me my 1/2 stone award.

1/2 stone in 4 weeks isn't "the best" loss I know but I am so happy and it has given me what it needs to spur me on. Another good week coming up for a great loss next tuesday.

Positivity breeds positivity.

In other news I am still a little sad about the death of Cory Monteith. It is such a waste and I hope he wasn't suffering when he passed on or planning to do what happened and it was just some bad H and so he was none the wiser of what was happening to him.

1/2 off. Not great, but happy with that as had a kids birthday party on Saturday which turned in to an adults party about 5pm so booze was flowing. I stayed away from the kids party food though which was a bonus,

Back