Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Can someone tell me about psyhillium husks please?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Heaven can wait, 1 April 2007 Social URL.

1. Heaven can wait

Heaven can wait Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    Hi , Can anyone help please?:confused:
    Keep hearing about psyhillium husk, whats it for , where do you get it , whats it like , does it affect your weight loss?
    I have an idea it may be to help you keep regular, but thats about it really.
    cheers
    Cx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tommee2004

tommee2004 Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I too had no idea, but wikipedia helped me understand them a bit better:
    Looks like they sell it in health stores:

[​IMG]

But not sure how much they are.

I don't think they affect your Ketosis, hence why alot of people tend to use them when on LL.

Mini likes this.
  4. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
  5. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    I bought the husks in H&B for about £11.99 (I think). I suffer really badly from constipation, and was looking for a healthier way out. Having said that, I really cannot take to them. I have tried mixing in with my sweet packs to make a custard, or a muffin, drinking alone and other things. I just dont like the feeling or texture and wont use the remaining pack.

Others have had success with them tho, I suppose its a personal thing.

6. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Have you ever tried Ann's savory pancake? its the only thing I can do!! everything else turns out like pond gloop!

Hope Ann doesn't mind, here's her recipe.

Mix a soup pack (not tomato) with 200mls of cold water.
    Once this is blended add 3 teaspoons of husks and blend again.
    Pour mixture onto a plate lined with baking paper and leave for 10 mins to thicken.
    Blast in microwave for 8-10 mins and serve!!

Ok...not the best for the nutrients - left for 20 mins before eating and blasted in the micro but I suppose its better than constipation!!

:)

7. SHAZA

SHAZA Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Hi heaven can wait

I mix 3 teaspoons of husks in my crisps everyday and it keeps you kind of regular. Other than that I just found it disgusting to take in any other form. It looks like something left at the bottom of a bird cage he he
    Doesnot affect your diet though and better than taking laxatives, they are very healthy apparantly and my friend was given them when she did a detox from the chinese herb man

Good luck on your weight loss !!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh yeah...forgot to say.

No carbs, no calories. They are just dietry fibre....not nice by themselves!!:jelous:

9. samseal

samseal Full Member

Diet:
    lighter life
    Hi

I mix them with some water and the lemon podr stuff and then just drink it straight down.Seems ok and does do the trick

Sam
    x

10. Heaven can wait

Heaven can wait Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    Thanks everyone, Mini the link you listed dosent work, any suggestions ?
    Love c

11. Elsa

Elsa Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12.6lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I've taken Psyllium Husks since week 3. I don't mind them too much - I let my shake sit for 5-10 minutes and the husks thicken them and I've always liked thick shakes. They can be abit bitty but at least they have no flavour - to be honest the constipation I suffered in week 2 was the worst experience yet - I was on the loo for a whole hour in alot of pain - I never, ever want to go through that again!! And so far the PH's have worked a treat.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.