can someone tell me about the meetings please

this*time

my friend joined a sw group 2 weeks ago, she said its great and they bring healthy food to try, have raffles and sponser mornings, trouble is with work commitments I cant make this group, so really my question is are they all this good?

would really appreciate any1s time in replying

thanks

From my experience Yes they are, i really enjoy staying to my meeting. Everyone is so friendly and supportive, we also have taster sessions and raffles etc. Hope you get on ok, Good Luck x

It all depends on the consultant. There are good ones, excellent ones, not so good ones. You will just have to wait and see.

I know two consultants very well - one is a close friend and the other is the consultant who runs my group. They are totally different, and I think that each of them would not approve of the way in which the other runs her group. But they are both very successful in their own way.

thanks guys i am starting on friday morning I weigh 10stone 3 and want to be 9 for the summer, heres hoping

i went to my first class this morning and everyone welcomed me like i was an old friend :eek:) i deffinately know its the right time for me and a wonderful class too

Yes my c is brill and motivates us all. She texts every week to give us support and is always on fbook giving us info. I look forward to the meetings and talking about S W, my fave obsession atm. The weekly W I keeps you on track, and a little friendly competition is good. However, a lot depends on your c. Hope you find it worthwhile.

My class has a raffle, but there are no taster sessions, no Facebook page, none of the nice things others have mentioned. I'd guess in all between 50 - 60 people come for weigh in, but only about 10-15 stay for class, and the group who do stay are very cliquey. Personally, I just get weighed and then leave.

I like the weigh in as I take that as my official weight and it keeps me focussed - shame I have to pay £4.95 for the privilege though, as I get all the support I need on here for free.

My class has a raffle, but there are no taster sessions, no Facebook page, none of the nice things others have mentioned. I'd guess in all between 50 - 60 people come for weigh in, but only about 10-15 stay for class, and the group who do stay are very cliquey. Personally, I just get weighed and then leave.

I like the weigh in as I take that as my official weight and it keeps me focussed - shame I have to pay £4.95 for the privilege though, as I get all the support I need on here for free.

I stop in at my doctor's clinic once a week for my weigh in. I know the scale is accurate and they let me weigh myself in privacy.

I'm still paying for SW online but it would annoy me to be paying just for the WI.

That is such a shame. I feel quite annoyed when I hear stories like yours because yes you are paying a lot of money really just to be weighed. The I T is essential I feel, but can understand if you dont feel comfortable staying. A good consultant should be aware of cliques and try to engage with the newbies, perhaps arrange a buddy up old timer so that the people who are on their own have someone to talk to. It makes the whole journey far more enjoyable and it is hard to go on your own. I started on my own, and met others who joined the same time as me. Because of the fbook page it has become a very friendly group, think thats down to the c. Just wish you could come to mine, I would buddy up with you! Well dont let it put you off, keep going, stay focussed!;);)

I like my group, we do loads of fun stuff too, but I dont always stay because of shift commitments x

Aww thanks Holly's Nan :D I'm definitely sticking at it as I love the plan - I'm just so glad to have this forum and also some friends in work on SW that I can discuss it with to keep me on track and motivated! :D :)

Thats good, but the c should really be doing her job as well.Oh well, we are here for you hun! Ask any questions you want, dont always know the answers myself, but someone will. And I may be asking for your help soon anyway. Keep strong!

I changed classes because my consultant and her sessions were rather dull and not motivating me at all....my new consultant is fab, friendly bubbly and even has a gain herself once in a while so she is human :) we have raffles and taster weeks, if ur not happy maybe have a look for another class that's a few more mins away, think of the extra calories you'll burn walking that little bit further :) xxx good luck all xxx

My consultant is fab! She really helps with any problems and encourages us. We have a raffle and sometimes have tasters and she tries to bring in new things every week to make us think or have a bit of fun. I wouldn't stay if she wasn't so great. If I have to leave early I get upset! LOL

wow this*time, you have done so well so far! I see that you started at 190 lbs and are now below your target! Good for you. It looks like you did the cambridge diet? So if you've never done slimming world, you may find it a bit different. But definitely something that may be a little more flexible than CD. I'm not sure how fast the weight came off with CD but be prepared for slower losses. We all get there in the end (if we stick with it). But I would say you can probably lose enough by summer. My goal is the same - and I believe the same weight. But you have about a head start on me! I'm slowly coming to terms with my 1-2 lbs a week. This week it was only 1/2 lb! But I wasn't exactly a saint. I love that I always have a chance to start fresh - every day - every meal. If your schedule allows you to be able to make your food as often as possible, you will do great. I hope you find a great class to go to. I do it from home as I live in the US. Not really a class person myself, but that is just me. Minimins definitely helps. I might have given up by now! Definitely search the recipes and tips. Good luck!!!

yeah i think they are.my consultants is great and we have a great group too and everyone supports each other and have a really good laugh. i love going to group and it motivates me even more too :)

I love going to group as well, we have a raffle every week and sometimes taster sessions, plus I T is so helpful when you have had a bad week. My consultant was saying a few weeks ago she's never had a member who didn't stay to class get to target and stay there. Obviously do whatever works for you, but personally I wouldn't be without my group :)

I like the group cos if i was weighing myself id be temted to cheat as i would be the only one knowing the result, but knowing i'll be weighed and the group will know how ive done is spurring me on to have good losses. x

I like the group cos if i was weighing myself id be temted to cheat as i would be the only one knowing the result, but knowing i'll be weighed and the group will know how ive done is spurring me on to have good losses. x

I agree this is also a big factor for me. I've tried doing it by myself in the past and if I saw a gain I was like 'oh well' and just kept eating whatever. Going and staying to class makes me face up to my gains and why they've happened, also usually lose them by the next week :D

Totally agree with all that has been said. My c is fantastic also, with raffles, mid week texts, fbook, tasters, typing up our recipes we share with each other. For me anyway, going to group is keeping me on the straight and narrow. I know I am going to be weighed on Mondays, it keeps me focused and so motivated. I want to do well and I will get to target, although I havent set my PAT yet. Want to get to club 10, 7 lbs to go to that, then have a think about target!

Back