can`t get in ketosis

pd7707

i started induction 3 days ago and i am absolutely strict. actually the first 3 days i ate only chicken and eggs. and nothing on the ketostix:(((
i drink diet coke and use sweetex and soya milk in my cofffee. but i do count all the sufgars in the diet drink +the sweeteners and the soya milk.
today i am having some chinese leaf but it has very few sugar.
pls help.

3 days is still quite early, it can take longer than that to get into ketosis.

The sticks are also notoriously unreliable. Give it another day or so :)

Aye, the length of time it takes to get INTO ketosis varies for everyone, sometimes it can take me a couple of days and sometimes it can take over a week!

Unfortunately, it takes nowhere near as long to come OUT of it!

Maybe the citric acid in your coke?

I can never remember whether it's coke zero or diet coke that has it in....

Sweeteners and soya milk may also be hindering you, why not try cutting one out at a time and see how this affects you if you've still not gone into ketosis after a week or so?

PS, up your fat intake!

Hang in there, it can take time.

I would avoid diet coke though, especially when your starting out, it plays havoc with induction for me, try and stick with water for a few days, and lots of it.
Boring I know but it helps, just think water in fat out ;)

Change the diet coke (has aspartame which is a no no on Atkins) for coke zero although Atkins recommend caffeine free drinks as caffeine can interfere with your blood sugar levels. Try sticking tow ater whilst on induction.
Also cut out the soy milk you should be having cream (if anything) in your drinks. If you are intolerant have your hot drinks black. Good luck!

Yep, eat fat to burn fat - and there's no point in starving yourself, it just won't work. And try to eat your leafy greens, they do help in the loss.

soy milk is fine btw...just my two pennies worth

Exercise every spare minute! I've had to get back into ketosis loads of times and sometimes it's hard but other times (twice now) i've done a lot of exercise and got back in within 2 days :)

Good luck!

Exercise every spare minute! I've had to get back into ketosis loads of times and sometimes it's hard but other times (twice now) i've done a lot of exercise and got back in within 2 days :)

Good luck!

HOW does that work???

*excited*

Im eating under 20g (roughly) of carbs each day, will i go in to ketosis even though im not following the plan strictly?

Personally i have never bothered with keto sticks. Cravings gone, appetite reduced and bright yellow green stinky wee - that'll be the big K:D

oh yeah katie gotta love the burnt rubber pee smell!

Back