Can the party girl finally slim down??

Yay, so happy for you! :D

Party girl returned! Although I kept myself in check mainly by sticking to champagne (love champagne!). 28 syns in one night but it was worth it! And a shot for another 5. But stuck to it all week and saved some syns for it so hoping it won't put me off track.

Just baked a chocolate Swiss roll from this weeks mag to take to friends tonight - wonder if they'll figure it's SW friendly....? And instead of taking a bottle I'm on soda water - go me! X

Glad you had a good time. Oooo Choc Swiss Roll sounds yummy - let me know how it tastes! x

Went down very well chipmunk! The sponge bit was really good I thought - just eggs plus a mixture of sugar and sweetener with some cocoa. The filling had the quark tang but not too bad.

Feeling a bit frustrated with myself today. Went with best intentions but ended up nibbling on cheese and nachos and chocolate. Idiot! It's the whole 'oh I'll just have a little bit'.... Fool. And obviously punished myself by jumping on the scales - 4lb on. Great! Mid week weighing is stupid enough, mid week weighing after pigging out is extra stupid! Never mind, back on it. I figure you can't avoid life just because youre trying to lose weight so sometimes you just have to deal with it and move on. Never mind! X

Don't trust the scales, lovely. Like you said, you had some naughty bits last night so that along with your body's natural fluctation and who knows what will happen come official WI.

Glad the swiss roll went down well. Was it from the latest mag? I had a quick glance through it for anything interesting when I was in Sainsbury's but didn't notice a choc swiss roll. If you get a chance to post it could I trouble you for the recipe?

Course hun! It is....

Roll:
6 med eggs
100g caster sugar
2 tbsp sweetener
2 tbsp cocoa powder

Filling
125g vanilla muller light
200g quark
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp sweetener
200g raspberries

Oven to 180. Line 30 x 20 tin with baking paper and spray with frylight.
whisk eggs yolks, sugar and sweetener. Fold in cocoa.
Separately, whisk egg whites until stiff
fold egg whites into yolk mixture and pour into tin. cook for 18 mins until springy. leave to cool in tin after (it shrinks!)
Mix yogurt, quark, vanilla extract and sweetener together. Spread over cake, sprinkle on raspberries and roll.

Easy! x

God i hate weekends sometimes!!! Why do i tell myself 'oh a little bit is fine' and then proceed to devour a whole bar of choc??. Idiot. Its being indoors i think. Trying to work from home on a few things and it just totally destroys my routine and i mooch about the house looking for something to nibble. I can turn it around, i just have to be good rest of afternoon. GRRRRRRR!!!!! x

Ooo thank you so much. Going to add the ingredients to my shopping list for next week. How many syns is that for the whole thing? Sorry to be a pain! :D

Aww, thank you so much lovely. You're a star! x

goingtobeskinnysoon said:
God i hate weekends sometimes!!! Why do i tell myself 'oh a little bit is fine' and then proceed to devour a whole bar of choc??. Idiot. Its being indoors i think. Trying to work from home on a few things and it just totally destroys my routine and i mooch about the house looking for something to nibble. I can turn it around, i just have to be good rest of afternoon. GRRRRRRR!!!!! x

Hiya :)

If its any consolation I always struggle on a weekend especially Sunday. I continuously have to talk myself out of eating my own body weight in chocolate.

I'm fine in the week but for some reason not on a wkend, I have some quavers and French fries and keep picking them up and putting them down. The OH has got some chocolate eclairs in the fridge and everytime I walk past I pick them up and talk to them and put them down.

It's like you say, you start having a little bit then before you know it a whole bar of chocolate and pack of biscuits have gone :-$

Just know your not on your own, there's no reason to feel embarrassed like you said. We all have moments of temptation and that's why you have so much support on here :)

Brush it under the carpet and tomorrow is a new day :) x

Test time! First time I've baked (I adore baking - so therapeutic) since being on SW. So hard. I've scraped every last bit into the cake cases and then sufficed with licking the spoon (ok, and wiping my finger round the bowl...) and calling that my syns for the day. Sadly they're not going to plan but hey, thought that counts and all that.

Watched lorainne pascals show last night - love the way she makes stuff look amazing (my weakness!) but they're actually really simple. Tempted to buy the book but then that will mean I make something....

Glad you're not feeling TOO upset about the gain.

I'd never trust myself to do some proper baking at the mo - I definitely could not resist home-made cakes!

Test time! First time I've baked (I adore baking - so therapeutic) since being on SW. So hard. I've scraped every last bit into the cake cases and then sufficed with licking the spoon (ok, and wiping my finger round the bowl...) and calling that my syns for the day. Sadly they're not going to plan but hey, thought that counts and all that.

Watched lorainne pascals show last night - love the way she makes stuff look amazing (my weakness!) but they're actually really simple. Tempted to buy the book but then that will mean I make something....

I have 2 jobs - one of them is cooking and baking for a farm shop. It's heaven and hell all wrapped up!

I am constantly glad that I am not a drinker on SW as it seems to a lot of people's downfall :( - I could happily go forever without an alcoholic drink! How boring am I?! :p

Well done only having a few naughty bits! Buffet food is always so yummy!

Back