can we have a cous cous recipes thread please?

mechmanuk

johnboy
Im starting to like cous cous of alate but apart from buying the spicy packs and having them on there own i dunno what i can use this for, if anyone has a few recipes please start a thread thanks

CousCous quiche is nice, prepare some couscous, add some chopped veg, mix in 2 beaten eggs, top with cheese and whack in the oven. Or a nice couscous salad is nice too :)

Cous Cous

I eat couse cous all the time, usually just on it;s own but i had some the other day in a jacket potato and that was really nice :)
If you eat meat then try adding some chicken or bacon depending on the flavour.

I have to admit i cheat and buy the pre-flavoured packets for lunch!

CousCous quiche is nice, prepare some couscous, add some chopped veg, mix in 2 beaten eggs, top with cheese and whack in the oven

arghhh so mix the cous cous with the other foods then bake, good idea thanks

i had some the other day in a jacket potato

sounds a little dry for my liking never thought to have with jackets, and i also use the pre-packed ones sometimes for a quick dinner when im busy.

I make a couscous and bean salad for lunch.... took a huge bowl in to school last week for staff lunch and hardly brought any home!

Ingredients:
Veg stock
couscous
mixed bean salad (tesco tin)
spring onion
fresh mint

Method:
Make the cous cous with the stock, cover and leave to absorb the water.
Chop the spring onion and the mint and drain the bean salad.
Add all the ingredients together, mix and chill overnight.
Enjoy!!!

I also like it mixed with cubes of feta cheese.

never tried the mixed beans so ill be grabbing a tin and giving this a try, thanks.

Tried to find a recipe i found on here to link to but can't find it. I hope whoever posted it won't mind me repeating it but made other half Spotted dick and wanted a dewssert myself so i didn't dive into his! really is awesome.

4oz plain Couscous
3 eggs
3 tbsp sweetner
2 tbsp Mincemeat (fruity one, in case you didn't guess!)
juice of 1 lemon

Make couscous according to packet (normally says 200g to 150ml water). Once soaked add sweetner and lemon juice, leave for another 5 mins. mix in mincemeat, whisk eggs and add. Bake for 40 mins at around 200 degrees.

2 syns per WHOLE CAKE

i make individual ones with 1.5 oz Couscous, 1 egg, 1 tbsp sweetner, 1/2 tbsp mincemeat, 1 tbsp ish lemonjuice. and have it with t tbsp custard (for other halfs pudding!) and 2 syns for cake and custard and feels really really naughty.

yea think this is the cous cous cake, one question thou bein a fella, how long do i whist 2 egss with an electric 2 prong whisker thingymibob.

to be honest 20 seconds with a folk will do it, just so it looks one colour. your two prong whisk thing would be very handy for fat free sponge on here, it sounds hard but i promise isn't. Could give you a blokes recipe version if you want, i have to do these for OH so they have EVERY possible detail in it.

i normally mak some pasta mix in cous cous and when it all cools i put 28g cheese over it put in micro until cheese is melted . it is really yum!

i normally mak some pasta mix in cous cous and when it all cools i put 28g cheese over it put in micro until cheese is melted . it is really yum!

isnt this a little dry, is it just plain pasta and plain cous cous? or can one spice it up? im not a big pasta lover but im told to add it to my diet as its good for ya.

wow... that couscous cake looks interesting... and yummy :)
and mincemeat... - always reminds me of christmas!!!!
going to have to try this one is it really yummy with custard? just finding it hard to think of cous cous and custard!! xx

I buy low fat ambrosia, can buy individual tubs, i get them in tesco, just enough for us two. And yeah it is a little stodgy. Mince meat gives it a lovely flavour. It isn't quite the texture of steam pudding, but still really good. Love naughtiness, and things like this, and cheese on toast just make me feel really like it's not a diet. Which is good.

Lemon couscous cake mmmmmm

:newbie:

1 syn for the whole cake on a green day

Lemon couscous cake

4oz Couscous
2 eggs
2 lemons - juice and rind (or try using 3 limes)
2 teaspoons lemon curd
5 tablespoons granulated sweetener (splenda or canderel)
1 tub quark
1 teaspoon baking powder

Cover couscous in boiling water - cover and leave to stand for approx 5 mins then fluff with fork.
Beat together all remaining ingredients and add the mixture to the couscous
Pour into a cake tin and bake in a preheated oven (approx 180˚) for 45 minutes or until firm

Last edited:
:newbie:

1 syn for the whole cake on a green day

Lemon couscous cake

4oz Couscous
2 eggs
2 lemons - juice and rind (or try using 3 limes)
2 teaspoons lemon curd
5 tablespoons granulated sweetener (splenda or canderel)
1 tub quark
1 teaspoon baking powder

Cover couscous in boiling water - cover and leave to stand for approx 5 mins then fluff with fork.
Beat together all remaining ingredients and add the mixture to the couscous
Pour into a cake tin and bake in a preheated oven (approx 180˚) for 45 minutes or until firm
does this have a "cake" texture? really like the idea of this

just make loads of cous cous up with veg stock and then add a tin of beans, microwave for 2ish mins and have on HeB toast, with lots left over. also lovely cold!

xxxx

Tried to find a recipe i found on here to link to but can't find it. I hope whoever posted it won't mind me repeating it but made other half Spotted dick and wanted a dewssert myself so i didn't dive into his! really is awesome.

4oz plain Couscous
3 eggs
3 tbsp sweetner
2 tbsp Mincemeat (fruity one, in case you didn't guess!)
juice of 1 lemon

Make couscous according to packet (normally says 200g to 150ml water). Once soaked add sweetner and lemon juice, leave for another 5 mins. mix in mincemeat, whisk eggs and add. Bake for 40 mins at around 200 degrees.

2 syns per WHOLE CAKE

i make individual ones with 1.5 oz Couscous, 1 egg, 1 tbsp sweetner, 1/2 tbsp mincemeat, 1 tbsp ish lemonjuice. and have it with t tbsp custard (for other halfs pudding!) and 2 syns for cake and custard and feels really really naughty.

This sounds lush! Must try this this week. Thank you.x

thanks that sounds great re quiche idea.

i have made my own by throwing loads of vegs in but you have to add big flavours re spices and herbs etc. try adding stock when you put water onto it as it gives a nice background flavour. i am usually heavy with the chilli powder and have put cumin and coriander in as well. if you want to add syns you could add a few raisins and apricots and add morrocan spices.
hope this helps.
sb

Back