Can we have porridge and bars on the same day?

dreamingmaid

Silver Member
My cdc advised against it and the carb content would be higher. Any ideas?

Yes you can. Porridge is only 2 grams higher in terms of carbohydrate than the the soups and shakes. I would stick to peanut and cranberry crunch bars, as they are actually lower in carbohydrates than the other bars.

Yup, you can have bars and anything, just one bar a day. Though my CDC used to say you couldn't have bars and tetras on the same day. I think they each have their own recommendations. But CD official recommendation, I believe, is 1 bar a day, but anything else with it.

yes you can that will be fine. Whilst on the subject can you have a mousse and a bar in the same day? I had two mousses yesterday oops as I really couldn't stomach a shake and I had run out of tetras so had two mousses and half a sachet...not good I know! I can't wait for weigh in tonight so I can have a peanut bar ARGGH..hurry up 5'oclock!
Lou

Oh that's good as i'm dying to try the porridge but do like my bar in the evening with a nice cup of coffee.
Cranberry bar is lovely and my fave at the moment. Toffee malt i thought was 'bleugh'!

I used to like the other bars but now I just stick to peanut , yum! I found the cranberry a bit perfumy its really strange how everyones taste is different

Hey go ahead and try the porridge :) Some people used to eat 3 porridges a day and still see good results. It is only 2 grams of carbs more than the soups/shakes. If you have a peanut bar in the evening, it will be fine as they have lower carbs than the shakes/soups :)

yes you can that will be fine. Whilst on the subject can you have a mousse and a bar in the same day? I had two mousses yesterday oops as I really couldn't stomach a shake and I had run out of tetras so had two mousses and half a sachet...not good I know! I can't wait for weigh in tonight so I can have a peanut bar ARGGH..hurry up 5'oclock!
Lou

Umm, I think you can have a bar and mousse. Just don't have more than 1 serving of mousse x

I once spent 2 weeks eating 2 porridge and one bar or mousse every day and my CDC said it was fine. I didn't think you could have mousse and a bar, but its better than cheating or not eating at all.

yes I thought that too coley. I often have a tetra for breakfast, a bar for lunch and a mousse for dinner...don't have the water flavourings though.

Back