Can we have....

What about tofu? We can have soy milk becaue it doesn't have lactose but what about tofu as it's made from soy beans?

Tofu = :yuk: :9529:

Helpful, cheers! :rolleyes: :D

It's not for me, it's for my mum! I'd rather have meat any day!

Doesn't seem worth it. Oh well, she'll have to keep drinking soy milk instead! Thanks! X

It is ming though, i used to eat it on Sole source +(cambridge) as you could have more of it than any of the other proteins :-$

What about alcohol on induction? Not that I'm a boozer, but It was really humid here yesterday and my OH had a cider with ice cubes....:drool:
I've been wanting cadbury dairy milk buttons since I saw them on saturday. :17729:
Had to tell myself NO! :copon:

And there was me thinking my sugar cravings had gone...:cry:

no alcohol on induction at all. best to keep away from ciders and lagers in general but for me that's easier said than done! spirits and diet mixes seem to be the best options or red wine.the body burns alcohol for fuel when so when its burning alcohol it's not burning body fat and can slow down weight loss. can't help with the chocolate cravings i'm afraid but i did have a choc chip atkins bar today and it was goooooooood! but expensive.

I did, I drank a couple of glsses of red wine on most Friday nights during induction.

So would alcohol knock me out of ketosis? even if I had 1 vodka and soda? is that why we dont have it in induction?

and dark chocolate is still a no-no, right?

The alcohol if it was carb free or low carb like spirits and dry wines wouldn't necessarily knock you out of ketosis

Dark Chocolate is a no no though Jar.

I've got some vodka in the cupboard should I want any.

Thanks everyone!

mm, cocoa and cream - might have to try that!

My problem with having a drink on induction was that it always gave me the "Munchies" :sigh:

Jim you stayed on induction for about 6 months?? im thinking of doing similar or until ive lost all m excess weight is tat a bad idea? i know there are more than 1 phase so im guessing it is not really good for me to do that all the way to goal???

I did Viks, but remember I needed to lose half my body weight love, You don't have that much to lose relatively speaking. I think you should move gently into OWL when you have lost half of what you need to lose.

i will see how it all goes Jim and will probably follow your advice, Technically i am half what i needed to lose!! I was just over 19 stone this time last year...EEEP

You've done really well then love. Good for you.

Im dying to see the BMI that you LauraC and Jim have!!

Been many years many many years since i was that svelt.
Im sometimes worried that i will start to feel like its all a bit of a drudgery(which is what happened before) and revert back to old ways. I dont feel like that just now , i just worry about it occasionally when i see how far i have to go.
this will be my second birthday without cake and to be honest im pissed off that i wont be eating cake. thats quite sad really i mean its only a freaking bit sponge not like im missing out on an organ i need.

Viks you have done well indeed. Way to go. You'll get to where you need to be..

I'm starting to move into OWL since I have now 23 pounds to lose but I think I'll stay in induction until the 2nd week in august then move into OWL around august 18th or august 20th which I hope in 1 month I've lost 10 pounds and will have only 13 to go. we'll see..

but Laura me too I'm still considered overweight for my height so I'm working to get myself in the normal range.

Back