Can we just clear something up?

jodidi

Silver Member
My SWC said syns are important they allow you to have those extras and that when you get near goal and are maybe struggling you can cut back on some syns. This is great. Some on here who have alot to lose are even having 20 syns. Again great. Today our leader was on holiday so we had someone else the consultant said you dont have to use your syns. So does that mean if someone uses all of them opposed to someone who doesnt have any they are going to lose less? Also do you think you should stick to a certain number each day? I love having syns and I think this diet woud be harder without them.

A consultant saying don't have syns...that's wrong! The book says 5-15per day, not 0-15! As we've seen people who don't use their syns are often not the big losers...it's usually the big eaters (on plan of course) who have great losses! I'm sure if i'm worng someone will correct me :)

My old consultant told me I didn't have to use my syns if I didn't want to and even said I didn't have to have my Hexs! This led to me thinking the more I cut back the better my weight losses would be when the opposite was true. When I was struggling she didn't even ask what I was doing with Syns and Hexs and if she'd done her job properly I could have lost so much more! I've honestly learnt so much more from being on minimins than I ever learnt from her, can you report consultants?

I think thats terrible theyre giving out info which seems to directly contradict whats in the SW books etc

Course maybe they want your weight loss to be slow so you stay at their classes :giggle:

Well it didn't bloody work! I can't afford classes anymore and she was driving me away anyway because she tends to lose interest in you and was all over her star losers.

My consultant says HE's are mandatory, and that you should start on 105/ week ie 15/day. I have no reason to disbelieve her!

I make sure I always have both Hexs and syns now and in 2 weeks I've lost 6lb. I'm much better off on my own and with you guys for support!

My consultant says HE's are mandatory, and that you should start on 105/ week ie 15/day. I have no reason to disbelieve her!

Mine too.

I have heard of some consultants that are not very good, as that does tend to put people off. That is sad as SW is so good.
Also, I think, that perhaps some are giving their personal opinions rather than what they are trained to do.

Ah Sonia! We have SO much in common!

I like to use all my hexs and try to not go over my syns but I do use 15 a day as a rule just now while im starting out.

Using syns and hexs are meant to help your weight lose and if you dont have some syns (for essential fat etc), as far as I know, your body is meant to go into fast mode and you can put on weight.

I have up to 15 a day - usually no lower than 9 a day but that is not on purpose - I like to try to use all 15 - LOL ;)

Jill

You have been misinformed for sure!! You shouldn't go any lower than 5 a day, although some people do it's not what SW say. Also, when you start you really should have up to 15 as syns are the thing you can cut down on when the going gets tough.

As for HEX's, you need these to make sure you get enough fibre and calcium in your diet. SW does try to look after us but it seems like not all consultants tell the same story!

Thanks for all your replies. So it seems the general opinion is that all syns should be used, certainly not to go below 5 a day. as you need to have something to play with if your struggling. That suits me fine :D

Is it ok to save your syns up and use them at the weekend?
I tend to be extra good with eating during the week and some days wont have any syns, so i can be a bit more relaxed at the weekend?

xx

Is it ok to save your syns up and use them at the weekend?
I tend to be extra good with eating during the week and some days wont have any syns, so i can be a bit more relaxed at the weekend?

xx

Hi Cinderz,

Yeah, I do this. I allow myself an average of 11 syns per day, which adds up to 77 per week. Then I share those 77 syns out as I like. Some days I only have 5 or 6. This afternoon I'm going to a tea party, so I'm using lots today and I'll have a piece of cake!!

It works for me!

xx

Thankyou :) that makes me feel better that it works for you
It usually works for me too but these past few weeks ive been so awful!!

Lol... wow 77 syns... wonder what that equates to!! xx

When I first started SW (I am doing this online), I was forgetting my HEs and not having any syns. After I did not lose weight for a couple of weeks, I added my HEs and some syns and started losing. I do find with me that my body needs some fat, not necessarily from 'bad' food (I often have reduced fat houmous), or else it thinks it is being starved (silly body!). So, my advice is that everyone should have their syns and not feel guilty.

since rejoining i have been having 10-15 syns a day every day and have never been under that. last time i was on 5-10 and the weight loss so far has been the same. thats an extra crunchie EVERDAY from having 5 syns to having 15!!! yum!!

Im finding this fascinating. Im only on week 2 and last week I found that a couple of days I skipped my heA because I really dont drink much milk and wasnt hungry so didnt see the point of eating for no reason. I think this week I should make sure I have the HE's before starting on the free foods lol I also had days where I only used 2 syns but over the week I had the 105 so I guess thats ok.

Back