Can you be in Ketosis by the 2nd day?

I am in my second day and I was just wondering whether I am in ketosis as I have a furry tongue and a bad taste in my mouth. I thought it takes about 3-4 days. Will this taste last or will it pass? :confused::confused:

Hi :)

In my own experience it is totally possible to be in ketosis by day 2, especially if you reduced carbs on the lead up to starting a VLCD. The furry tongue and bad taste are 2 signs that you may be in ketosis and for some people it does stay around and for others it doesn't.

Keep going as you are doing very well :D

Last edited:
Yeah, my sis was in the first night! lucky duck. lol

hi

hi cuddly

yes... I could say you are well on your way! Day 2 i started to go into ketosis.. day 3 i was in it .. and felt normal.. day 4 today and i am not hungry at all.. feel full so I say im fully in it.. (as well as the DH, said my breath reeks - and that was straight after brushing them furiously!)

I'd say it sticks around. But we're all different, so hopefully you will not notice it too much - i use mouthwash regularly, not just after brushing. also pay close attention to brushing your tongue when you do your teeth, and never forget flossing of course.

It is possible to go into ketosis as soon as day 2, I find after 24 hours of no carbs im on the k-train! The weight will fall off and you'll be made up after your first weigh in. Hmmm the taste you will find more prominent to start with, but after a while you get used to it, keeping up the water helps along with regular brushing! Good luck for week 1! x

hi i am on day 6 but not got any of that stuff no furry tongue no bad breath and am staving all the time :(and i am cold all the time so not sure got first wi tomorrow so we will see my pharmacy give me the spray breath freshener and seams to work but not used it much

hi i am on day 6 but not got any of that stuff no furry tongue no bad breath and am staving all the time :(and i am cold all the time so not sure got first wi tomorrow so we will see my pharmacy give me the spray breath freshener and seams to work but not used it much

hey hun,
i only got the being freezing part and still got it.thats a sign of ketosis hun.
just count yourself lucky if you don't get anything else lol x

Yep, I still have the furry tongue feeling and feeling like there is something in my mouth to chew. It's very weird. I'm reliably informed my breath is rank. Have mouthwash everywhere, work, kitchen, bedroom, car, handbag. I really hate the bad breath bit.

Back