Can you bloomin' believe it!!!

Nicki-M

Hi, I have been Cding since June 2009 mainly ss or ss plus. I was doing so well and have lost just over 8 and a half stone up til' last Wednesday when I found out that I was pregnant...(I have done 10 pregnancy tests, I have also seen the Dr and asked her if it was possible I was having an early menopause!)..I have Pcos and have always considered myself infertile as I have a 17 year old son who himself was a miracle baby...but I have never had a pregnancy since him until now!!! I have never used contraception and am hardly sex starved...sorry Tmi....I am totally gobsmacked not just at the fact that I am pg but I am freaking out as I am 40 this year and my children are going to have an 18 year age gap between them...I have mixed emotions....am I really ready to start all over again?
I have spent the last 5 years battling a menstrual disorder where I bled constantly and had to take tablets to stop the bleeding to give my body a break, this all stopped miraculously in October last year after losing a good few stone, then last month my cycle normalised and then this month....preggers!!! I am so glad I rejected the Hysterectomy I was offered last year. I really didn't think I was capable of having a baby....My body is so clever!
I am a bit put out that my body did not enable me to get to my goal weight with Cd before dropping this bombshell...but I am pleased nevertheless. I am not sure how many weeks I am yet as I can't pinpoint the date of my last period..but I am only between 4 - 6 weeks maximum...I have got a dating scan next week. I know I have a greater risk of a mc having Pcos..but fingers crossed I will be fine....If it is meant to be it is meant to be! I will keep you all updated on my progress.
I will be straight back on Cd as soon as I am able to to get the rest of the weight off.
I love CD and it definitely has added benefits...I have heard of people having Cambridge babies before...but I never dreamed I would be one of them....I lost over 8 and a half stone and got a baby as my bonus prize...how great is that?
Anyway thanks for listening. Speak soon,

Gone all goose bumpy. Thats bloody fantastic new. Well done you

Congratulations

Charlie xx

Congrats hun, the same thing happened to me.. I have pcos and after loosing 6 stone i fell pg lol xx

Well done on such a fab weight loss, and what a wonderful reward! Huge congratulations:)

congratulations all round! seems that this diet can make you very fertile along with the weight loss x

Just wanted to thank you all for your warm congratulations...it means a lot!!

Thanks,

your weight loss is absolutely amazing by the way, really giving me the push to carry on!! x

i got preggers on cd too in 2008!!! shocked but best thing that ever happend to me!! SOOOO happy for you girl. this post has made my day, what a lovely lovely thing to happen. good luck to you.

Many congratulations. I was 42 when I had my little girl. It's fantastic being an 'older' mum. All the best to you all.

That is fantastic news, very happy for you :) xxx

miss jelly tot- i can't believe you're using that pic of me as your avatar without permission!! ;)

Congratulations on your fantastic news. That is a better reward than any chocolate bar or new dress, eh!!

My sister-in-law was 39 when she had her youngest (he is now 4) and her eldest is 21, it's not unusual for women to be having babies at this age, enjoy it, you deserve to after losing all that weight, you've done amazing x

Back