Can you check my menu?

reluctant_whale

Sorry to be a pain - I know this gets asked a lot but I am in day 3 of induction and as much as I read the book over and over I am always paranoid I am not putting the right things in my body. Especially because I have come off Weight Watchers - which has a totally different approach. I have gone from eating literally no fat (and lots of "diet foods" to boot) to significantly more.

Todays plan is :

Breakfast

Atkins breakfast bar (hit my belly like a ton a bricks .. they are so heavy!!)
Cup of tea with a drop of unsweetened soy.

Lunch.

2 and a half egg omlette with 2 rashers of bacon chopped and 2 white mushrooms, fried in a tea spoon of butter and a 15g of cheddar cheese.

Dinner
Pan fried garlic chicken breast
large serving of "greens" lettuce, radishes with a vinegar / olive oil dressing.

... lots of water!

I don't snack. I never have - but if I fancied anything I figured I would have a cheese string! (brought some in especially)

RW x

Looks good to me :)

Yep looks great. Go steady on the Atkins bars, for some people it does slow down the losses (some people are sensitive to 'alcohol sugars' which is what is used in a lot of processed low carb products to give a sweet flavour without adding carbs). Good luck, looking forward to seeing your first week's weigh-in ;)

Atkins bars feel "heavy" to me too, then a couple of hours later I get terrible wind. :eek: Agree with losingit that they are best avoided.

Other than that, your menu looks OK to me too. If you're not tracking your macros on MyFitnessPal or another app, I think it's a good idea to do so, at least for a while till you get the hang of it. You should be eating more fat than protein and it can be difficult to get right. Best of luck!

I will take a look at My Fitness Pal .. ive never heard of it before. I think I mannaged the fat yesterday, went to the pub and drank sparking water (yawn ..) and when I got back I was absolutely starving. Had a pepperoni and a cheese thing wrapped in ham. Thanks for checking out my menu. It's not easy because I am constantly second guessing what I am doing is right .. I literally fell asleep thinkin about Atkins last night! :)

Back