Can you combine vlcds?

ItIsLucy

Am just wondering if you could combine Exante with slim and save? On Exante at the mo and the times I find the most difficult are the evenings and think that the slim and save chilli or spag Bol might be the answer occasionally. Could I swap one Exante pack for 1 slim and save? (Can't change completely cos I have a load of Exante packs!)
Just pondering really.
Lx

I dont think it would be a good idea.
Slim and save isn't a 'proper' TFR and they say so themselves, they say you have to take a multi vitamin as their packs dont contain 100% of your vits and minerals like other TRF's do.

If you are hungry in the evenings then either have a low carb meal so you have a WS day.
Or have all your packs plus a slim and save meal.

One thing that I used to do for when I got peckish in the evening is freeze some dr.pepper zero or flavoured water and then munch that at night.

Or you could always have some bouillon if you feel hungry.

That's what I am going to do, I've just ordered some s & s meals. I'm bored of shakes and if having the s&s meals keeps me on track, then halliluya to it. I will just take some vitamins with it.

Taking a vitamin is only recommended if on three a day. I read on here that the owner of Slim and Save only offers the 3 a day as people requested it to save money. On the site it says there are only a couple of combinations of 3 packs that nessecitate additional vits, I take one anyway (on 4 a day S+S) as I am very prone to aneamia even eating normally.

It's interesting as I've seen several people combining VLCDs. I personally occasionally have a Tesco bar or Biggest Loser bar so technically am combining. Are there any other reasons why not to combine, apart from nutrients? I am considering ordering some Exante products in a few weeks if S+S becomes monotonous but so far it hasn't!

I think the reason it's not ok to combine vlcd's is that the vits and mins in them are different.
The tesco bar is so close in nutritional value to the exante one that it's ok to swap.

So if you're having 2 exante and 1 s+s pack a day they may not be providing you your 100% daily vits and mins.

I think that's the reason but I could be wrong.

So the problem is when you just have three? I have 4 a day, I started on three but lasted one day! I'm too active at work. However compared to my previous diet or crap and more crap, even on three a day I'm getting far more nutrients than I was!

moti17 said:
The food pack is actually less than a milkshake.

I know. Thats my point because they're less they'd be better as an extra. Have it instead of and you're not only missing nutrients you're lowering your calories. I see you've decided to mix and match anyway which is obviously your choice but overall it's not a good idea and I certainly wouldn't like anyone to do it after seeing this thread.

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies. I think I'm going to order a couple of s&s samples and if I prefer them transfer completely rather than a bit of both. Thank you for the advice!
Lx

Well I ordered some s&s samples and had a 100% s&s day today as an experiment. Didn't like the shake or the fact you had to add milk to it. The choc truffa bar was ok but I don't want it to be ok to eat a choc bar everyday - that's the kinda thing that got me in this mess! Tried the chilli tonight which ok.
Have decided to stick with Exante and have a ws day when I need to (as I believe starlight and bb suggested right at the beginning! ;-) )
Have to say as well wasn't impressed by the packaging either. No nutritional values, instructions, even branding. Exante packs just seem a bit more professional and like they know what they're doing.
Anyway to cut a long story short, am ordering my next months pack of Exante. Looks like I'm here to stay!
Lx

Yes the packaging is uninspiring true. I take it you had a crispy shake, they are the only ones needing milk but I've never used it and they taste fine without.

No VLCD is for everyone, there are good reasons why people chose the one they are on so stick to the one you think works best. For me, the bars show that I can in fact eat a small amount of something yummy without eating the entire box- just as the meals are helping me discover portion control.

Good luck on Exante!

Yeah completely agree that different diets will suit different people! Exante seems to work for me but can see the appeal of s&s.
Lx

Back