Can you drink too much water?

Minz

Maintainer
I was just thinking about the amount of water I drink in a day........I have a litre before lunch, a litre after lunch before I leave work - then at home I have at least 4-5 pints of water throughout the night. Is that too much?

That makes it about 4.5 litres I think, which is good.

As long as you don't drink it all at once it's fine :)

hi normally it canbe dangerous to overload on water because it affects the urea and electrolyte balance but you would have symptoms if you had derranged levels dont worry i drink lots :)

You're not - plently of people on here drink 4-5 litres :)

If it bothers you, then cut down to 3-4 litres.

i drink 4 most days but somtimes 4.5ltrs, like said as along as its not too close together you'll be fine.

Thanks everyone - I find that I'm thirsty on CD so it helps to drink loads. Won't worry about it anymore.

I was just thinking about the amount of water I drink in a day........I have a litre before lunch, a litre after lunch before I leave work - then at home I have at least 4-5 pints of water throughout the night. Is that too much?

my friend is on Lighter Life, and she is able to drink around 7 litres of water a day, and she's fine:)

7 litres!!! I can't imagine drinking that much! May as well just live in the loo!

i drink about that too , i rekon its ok. (i hope!!)

lol - the poor thing - maybe that's why someone on another thread said she'd treat herself to a bathroom makeover when she lost a certain amount of weight - ha ha

lol - the poor thing - maybe that's why someone on another thread said she'd treat herself to a bathroom makeover when she lost a certain amount of weight - ha ha

I don't think she suffered too much because of it:) she said that because she drank so much water, she lost the most weight out of all the people in her group:)

Back