Extra Easy Can you eat too much??

Lilleece79

At weigh-in today I STS! Ok, so I'm disappointed but hey, gotta move on.

Anyway, I have had quite a bit to eat today.

B: Bacon Omelette & white coffee (HEa)

S: Pear & big bag of grapes

L: Ham sandwich (scrape of butter, scrape of light Mayo Nimble bread (HEb) and a mug shot noodle thingy

S: Apple & coffee

T: wee drop of Pasta N sauce (turned out it was minging) SW chips, fried eggs (didn't eat) and some heinz pasta shapes. Muller Light yogurt.

S: Coffee jumbo snack a jack & 2 digestives.

(and I made chilli beef and noodles for lunch tomorrow so I've had a wee bit of that too)

Syns today = 14

So I'm not feeling really full and thinking I might be eating way too much hence the lack of weight loss!!!

Can anyone offer me some advice!?:p

I'm assuming you are following EE - if so, what springs to mind is that you are not having 1/3 of your plate as superfree foods (mainly fruit and veg, not peas or sweetcorn). It is essential on EE to stop you filling up on the more calorie dense free foods.

Completely agree with Sparky- you must have your 1/3 superfree as it's an important part of the plan.

Looks like you've got your head round all the other bits of the plan though.

Good luck! xxx

I don't think you are eating too much, however like others have said, you need to add superfree foods to your meals.

Superfree foods are fruit and unstarchy vegetables.

Superfree foods should where possible make up a 1/3 of your meal and for this day in particular that you have posted you haven't had superfree foods with any of your meals.

Another thing I would suggest is to try and avoid having too many pasta n sauces, mug shots etc. Yes they are free, but they are not particular healthy (just look at the nutritional information and ingredients to see what I mean).

I think they are okay as an occasional thing and are great to have on hand when something quick is needing, but try to get more fresh produce into your diet. The benefits you will see will be worth it.

Good luck. You will get there :)

I'd only had a mug shot yesterday, normally I try to have a baked tattie. I think you're right, my veg intake is a bit low! I'll try and make sure I eat more with my meals. Saying that tho veg for breakfast doesn't appeal!!!!

lol you can have fruit for brekki or if you have cereal have a banana with it

I agree with the veg for breakfast but mushrooms and tomatoes are ok in an omelette or an extra on the side, I've also started putting spinach in a breakfast omelette coz it wilts down to nothing and it doesn't bother me being there (I did think it would) - if all else fails have an apple before/after breakfast (but I do try to include in the meal if possible) :) x

I tend to have and apple and a pear mid morning. I don't like tomatoes (wish I did cos they always look tasty) and I can only just manage mushrooms, they're new to my diet.

I eat a lot of fruit through the day normally (apple, pear, and a bag of grapes yesterday) normally I have broccolli & peas at meal time. Need to up my evening meal veg.

Hey lil - well done for your loss so far, the food you are eating sounds lovely, what a great mix of foods.

I had the issues at the beginning with the Superfree too - Personally I still don't have it with breakfast :D I read on here that it's OK as long as you make sure your overall food intake for the day is 1/3 superfree, so I started making the Super Speed Soup and have not been getting better losses, plus it's really really nice, so maybe you could try it too?

Good Luck :D xx

Just a thought - There are people (both on here and in class), who find that eating too many grapes affect their losses. Not sure why, but it seems that once they swap the grapes to something else, then the losses pick up.

Might be worth trying it, as nothing to lose but weight!

I think you need to find what foods best work with you and sw is also a long term solution not a short term fix soo just be patient with it and stick to it and your weight will change. Perhaps experiment with different types of fruits and veg. My staples are apples, grapefruits and bananas.

I agree with the others that there is not enough fruit and veg in your diet but I would say beware of just adding it on top of what you are already eating and try swapping it for some stuff instead as otherwise it is just extra food that if you are already maintaining will only make you possibly gain weight.

Although I accept that 1/3 superfree is meant to be over your day if you are not having it as part of your meals you do still have a tendency to eat too much carbs etc at meal times and trying to balance it out with a piece of fruit an hour later does not work in my experience. Everyone is different though but I tend to try and include it in my meals and then if I find I am starting to feel full I concentrate on finishing my superfree and leaving perhaps the pasta or chips instead ;)

Oh am make sure you are drinking enough...water if possible...it really does help.

Good luck for next week hun :) x

I read on here that it's OK as long as you make sure your overall food intake for the day is 1/3 superfree

Sorry but this defeats the purpose of including the superfree foods as it does nothing to limit your consumption of free foods at meal times.

I'm gonna try and skip the grapes, thanks for the tip.

Lolacola: thanks for the tip on the soup. I think I was eating soup last week, time to make another pan I thinks!

That was only yesterday's food plan, normally i eat more fruit and veg through the day. I must admit that i don't drink much water, never have. I drink squash and will try and up my water intake!

Thanks everyone, you're really giving me something to think about!!!

Sorry but this defeats the purpose of including the superfree foods as it does nothing to limit your consumption of free foods at meal times.

Actually I emailed SW asking this, as I thought it was essential to have the superfree with each meal to make the EE plan work, but this was the official response:

Hi Jenny
Thank you for your enquiry
The one third Superfree Food is a recommendation and as long as Members aim to have one third of Superfree Food of their daily food consumption then their weight loss will be maximised.
Hope this helps
Kind Regards
The Syn Enquiry Team

Actually I emailed SW asking this, as I thought it was essential to have the superfree with each meal to make the EE plan work, but this was the official response:

Hi Jenny
Thank you for your enquiry
The one third Superfree Food is a recommendation and as long as Members aim to have one third of Superfree Food of their daily food consumption then their weight loss will be maximised.
Hope this helps
Kind Regards
The Syn Enquiry Team

Not overly clear are they. So you don't HAVE to, it just helps!

Yeah, - I was surprised they kept it so ambiguous, as to me it just seems to make sense that the more veg you have on the plate, the less calories you'll be taking in from the rest of the meal, because there's less of it!

Personally I don't think making sure a 1/3 superfree is your overall daily consumption is the best message to send out, but then what do I know :p it doesn't help to control portions, someone could easily take that as meaning oh well as long as i eat lots of fruit in-between meals, I can have that huge plate of just pasta and meat. Which although might not make too much of a difference, certainly could if it was done at every meal. It is on the same lines as eating a big bowl of fruit after your meal when you are no longer hungry.

I just think the plan is always going to work best if a 1/3 superfree is incorporated into each meal where possible, so that portions of the higher caloried free foods are automatically limited.

Also just to add, the syns hotline has before been asked a question by two different people and been given two totally different and conflicting answers. It isn't any wonder some members become confused especially when some consultants are also giving out the wrong advice or not explaining things clear enough.

Last edited:
Back