Can you eat too much?

Hi, firstly can I say 'hello' as a new member, and also a huge thank you for the wealth of info on here. I've been lurking for a wee while and started a relaxed approach to Atkins almost a week ago.

I wondered if I am eating too much though -

Breakfast has been bacon mushroom and fried egg or scrambled egg with roasted asparagus.

Lunch is usually a large salad with ham or chicken, coleslaw and cheese

Dinner has usually been pork chops or chicken with cauli and broccoli or green beans

I have been making the 'oopsies' as a bread alternative and eating as a snack with ham or cheese as needed. I've also made peanut butter cookies and the chocolate cake and cheeseburger pie ( delicious!!) to slice and snack if felt hungry.

I have been drinking my usual drink of choice black coffee and loads of water. I was drinking no added sugar squash but realised plain water was zero carb.

As per the title of this thread, I do wonder I am eating too much - and valued your views...

I went out thurs night and had 2 gin with slimline tonics but didn't need to snack when I got in .

I'm not sure if I'm in ketosis or not...

Thanks in advance xxx

Hi, I'll be interested in any answers too. I switched to Atkins a few weeks ago after losing a lot of weight with LL. I love this way of eating and feel great on it. But I am finding it hard to let go of many decades of fixation on calories in v calories out theory. Because of this I am see sawing between not having enough to eat, then getting ravenous and eating until I'm stuffed. Georgiasmum - are you losing any weight? I suppose that's one way of knowing if you are eating too much. I've been losing about 1lb a week, but I don't want to lose anymore and am finding it a tricky balance to know how much to eat to maintain.

Hello and welcome:)
My initial reaction would be dont worry about amounts as long as you are eating induction food - however would strongly suggest you cut/limit/reduce:
Oopsies
Peanut butter anything (not Legal in induction)
Choc cake even if sf
Sf squash

All sweeteners are notorius stallers and can stop you getting unaddicted to sugar plus nuts can trigger hunger and cravings which is why they are in phase 2. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your response.

I have lost 6.5stone already but was struggling with my last stone or so hence why I considered Atkins in an attempt to shock my body into losing I guess!

I started last Monday and have lost about 3lbs so far.

Ok - points noted. No s/f squash or p butter!!! Thanks so much!!

Hi and welcome :)

Do exactly as Katie says, she is a model Atkinser - her stats say it all :D

I know this way of eating can be a bit hard to get used to, especially the calorie thing, but you really will do well on low carb if you keep your fat and protein ratios high and get your carbs from green leafy veg :) And just eat until you feel full, then stop. You can always leave what's left and maybe graze on it later :)

Hi
That is an amazing loss considering what you have been eating!!! because if u have started on induction it is the strictest of all the stages, make sure your getting plenty of greens
j x

Back