can you freeze yr shakes?

pink-sarah

Silver Member
well exactly wot it says in the title! can you freeze the shakes, to make a sort of icecream, or mousse ?

Yes you can as far as I'm aware. If you look at the stickys there should be a thread with what you can do with your foodpacks.

HTH

The problem with the shakes is the recommendation that they are consumed within 15-20 mins of making them up. It is said that some of the nutrients are not very stable & will start to decay.

The most commonly used method's to get solid food on CD are
1. freeze a tetra brick, then peel the wrapper off. yummy ice-cream block.
2. Add Mix-a-mousse to a shake of your choice & chill for 10 mins. yummy fluffy mousse. (best results are obtained of you mix the M-a-M powder with the shake powder, then add v cold water & whizz for at least a minute,then place in fridge.) mousse mix available from your CDC.

3. as suggested above there are various recipes for using the packs in different ways.

whatever you do Cambridge ask that you try & liomt it to just one pack a day 9with the exception of the mousse) as heating or freezing the packs could have a detrimental effect on the vitamin/mineral levels.

I have frozen choc tetras (after defrosting for about 1 hour they are yum) or the shakes made with 11 ice cubes and a splash of water for a bowl of yummy ice cream xx

i only ever have them frozen of an evening for ice cream,lovely

mmm ice cream

:cool:just stuck half of the one i was just having in the freezer, will have it this evening, looking forward to it. tried doing various suggested things with the diet such as the CD muffin (interesting to say the least) and mixing a choc tetra with hot water and decaff coffee (very watery) but its good to experiment. will be trying the summer berry drink mix with fizzy water later. i have high hopes for that one.

been reading the skicky on recipes and they sound really nice, i think im just going to stick to the shakes for now otherwise i might not stop eating!!

I've got a choc tetra in the freezer for later, I can't wait!

I have a muffin a day, they are my favourite. Also adding a choc tetra to coffee to make a Mocha is yum, I tend to split between 3 coffee's and add a sweetener, means I get my caffine hit without having to drink it black - yuk!

Melanie that mocha sounds lovely.
Another way of getting 'white' coffee is to use some vanilla shake, or even add some real coffee to a diluted cappuccino shake.

Back