Can you have more than 1 bar a day?

Raye

Hi

I am massively craving chocolate? Can I have 3 bars a day to get me through this? Would it make a difference to weight loss? I am struggling and ahhhhhh need some chocolate. Nearly wrestled a mini roll from my daughters hands!!

Raye

Hi Raye,

I wouldn't as its higher in carbs and will affect weight loss. I sometimes have two bars a day to get me through but this is not all the time as you can also retain water! I know its a hard diet but its worth it!! Xoxo

This is often something I've wondered and someone on another thread had this to say...

You're right - in many of the bars there is over 10g of sugar. http://www.cambridgeweightplan.com/userfiles/file/Bars%20nutritional%20sheets%2026_11_12/Bars%20with%20yoghurt.pdf But that's also true of the shakes. :) http://www.cambridgeweightplan.com/userfiles/file/Soups_shakes%20etc%2026_11_12/Product%20nutrional%20exc%20bars.pdf That's not the reason it's recommended you only have one bar a day. It's recommended you only have one per day because of another ingredient in some of the bars - a substance called a polyol. Polyols are a both a type of fibre and a type of artificial sweetener and can have a laxative effect and/or give you wind. Some people also react to polyols as though they're a form of carbohydrate, which means they can make you hungry. In my many years on and off the diet (oops) I've known people successfully do this diet having three bars a day cos they couldn't stand the shakes. It can be done but it isn't recommended unless you're happy to carry a spare pair of knickers in your handbag. ;)

As i thought the bars had more carbs in them but apparently I was wrong!

My consultant has told me that I can now have two bars a day as long as they're crunchy ones, not chewy. Anyone else heard this? She also just emailed to say that prices are going up by 15p per product. This is a big rise in price to an already expensive weight plan, in my opinion. Have you all heard this too?

Makes sense, as the chewy ones have more malitol in them - the stuff that acts as a laxative if you have too much of it. :)

As for the price rise, some CWPCs will put their prices up, others won't. Mine hasn't. They have discretion over what to charge. I've told mine I'd gladly pay more as she's a good CWPC but she just laughs at me. :)

KathyWebb said:
My consultant has told me that I can now have two bars a day as long as they're crunchy ones, not chewy. Anyone else heard this? She also just emailed to say that prices are going up by 15p per product. This is a big rise in price to an already expensive weight plan, in my opinion. Have you all heard this too?

Mine is going up 10p a product. I'm not too fussed as I'm still saving money on all the takeaways and alcohol I used to have but suppose it depends on what your spending on food was like post Cambridge :)

My counsellor did however let me buy a months worth before the prices went up

Lynne - week 23, 84.5lbs down 11lbs to go... :)

Makes sense, as the chewy ones have more malitol in them - the stuff that acts as a laxative if you have too much of it. :)

As for the price rise, some CWPCs will put their prices up, others won't. Mine hasn't. They have discretion over what to charge. I've told mine I'd gladly pay more as she's a good CWPC but she just laughs at me. :)

Mine hasn't put prices up either, think she's keeps the prices the same for her established clients!

Also think I may need to have more chewy bars if they make you go to the toilet! Give me more malitol lol!

Mine has gone up slightly, but it the first time she has put the price up in three years. Its still less than I was spending on food!

Back