Can you interchange SS and SS+ as and when?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by saneasineverwas, 6 August 2008 Social URL.

1. saneasineverwas

saneasineverwas Full Member

Hi all. Im on day 3 of week 2 and yesterday I did SS+, simply because I was hungry and nauseous. I dont want to stay on SS+ but I like knowing it's there if I need it. Can I just switch between SS and SS+ as and when or do I need to change only weekly etc IYSWIM. If I have to do SS+ for a whole week does anyone know why?

Thanks for any help you can give.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. sabab172

sabab172 Full Member

Cambridge Diet
    Hi Ive been having one meal a day, with a shake in the morning and a bar in the evening and then have a couple of days when SS only. I alternate it to fit in with whats happening in my life etc. I lost 9lb first week doing this and only into 2nd week and lost another 2lb. Im on holiday next week so I need this to be flexible if eating out. Obviously I will be sticking to a no carb meal. Seems to work for me but then early days?
  4. lilack

lilack Member

The last couple of weeks I've been having chicken with some green leaves a couple of days a week and it doesn't seem to have made a difference to my weightloss. It also helps keep me going and stops me eating other things or stop altogether.
  5. judders74

judders74 Full Member

I am not sure of the "official" answer to this as I am not a CD counsellor, but based on my experience so far...

....mid-week during Week 2 (last week) I felt the same as you and I had two bits of chicken without skin and a little side salad of radish, celery, lettuce and cucumberl I also had a tablespoon of tuna. Sounds like a funny mixture but I seemed to be craving more protein, so that's what I had available at the time (was at a buffet).

Anyway, I got weighed last night and had lost 6lbs, so I don't feel too worried about having an odd day or two of SS+ each week if I feel I need to in order to stick with CD.

I guess if I'd been weighed and my weight loss had really slumped or I'd stayed the same, I might think twice before doing it again. But so far, all is well!

Have fun,

6. Martin

Martin in this to win!..

Cambridge Diet
    Good stuff judders, it obviously is working for you.
    I'm similar in i eat a tin of mackerel every 2 or 3 days..

Gotta have that chewing sensation sometimes..
  7. candycaz

candycaz Full Member

cambridge diet
    ive been on cambridge diet for 11 100% and i have been alternating between them , my average weight loss is 4 pounds a week so im really happy about it.
    i even have tikka chicken from chippy and a can of coke zero on a friday as a treat.
  8. clairabellx

clairabellx Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi everyone

I am a returner - I lost 2 stones last year on SS, kept it off for 14 months, and put it back on since March this year due some personal problems and a total loss of self-esteem (lol! - u know how it is sometimes). Well, when I decided to come back I heard about SS+. For me that sounds good because I can't live without tea and a splash of milk (I don't have much milk anyway). So, I thought I would do that and 3-4 shakes depending on appetite. It is also nice to know that I can have a green/white and protein meal if necessary. But I wondered - do you find that you get hungry on SS+? because that really is the biggest benefit for me of SS, not having to worry about hunger after day 3 or 4.

Any comments appreciated.
  9. sleekandclean

sleekandclean Full Member

I'm only on second week as well but alternate between ss & ss+, some days I do long bike rides (was doing them before CD) and short runs and just feel I need the extra chicken or milk or whatever it might be. Usually less than ss+ portion.
  10. Janie1978

Janie1978 Full Member

Cambridge Diet SS
    The food you are allowed to eat on ss plus keeps u in ketosis so u still dont feel the hunger xxx
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.