Can you interchange SS and SS+ as and when?

saneasineverwas

Hi all. Im on day 3 of week 2 and yesterday I did SS+, simply because I was hungry and nauseous. I dont want to stay on SS+ but I like knowing it's there if I need it. Can I just switch between SS and SS+ as and when or do I need to change only weekly etc IYSWIM. If I have to do SS+ for a whole week does anyone know why?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi Ive been having one meal a day, with a shake in the morning and a bar in the evening and then have a couple of days when SS only. I alternate it to fit in with whats happening in my life etc. I lost 9lb first week doing this and only into 2nd week and lost another 2lb. Im on holiday next week so I need this to be flexible if eating out. Obviously I will be sticking to a no carb meal. Seems to work for me but then early days?

The last couple of weeks I've been having chicken with some green leaves a couple of days a week and it doesn't seem to have made a difference to my weightloss. It also helps keep me going and stops me eating other things or stop altogether.

Hello,

I am not sure of the "official" answer to this as I am not a CD counsellor, but based on my experience so far...

....mid-week during Week 2 (last week) I felt the same as you and I had two bits of chicken without skin and a little side salad of radish, celery, lettuce and cucumberl I also had a tablespoon of tuna. Sounds like a funny mixture but I seemed to be craving more protein, so that's what I had available at the time (was at a buffet).

Anyway, I got weighed last night and had lost 6lbs, so I don't feel too worried about having an odd day or two of SS+ each week if I feel I need to in order to stick with CD.

I guess if I'd been weighed and my weight loss had really slumped or I'd stayed the same, I might think twice before doing it again. But so far, all is well!

Have fun,

J

Good stuff judders, it obviously is working for you.
I'm similar in i eat a tin of mackerel every 2 or 3 days..

Gotta have that chewing sensation sometimes..

hiya
ive been on cambridge diet for 11 100% and i have been alternating between them , my average weight loss is 4 pounds a week so im really happy about it.
i even have tikka chicken from chippy and a can of coke zero on a friday as a treat.

Hi everyone

I am a returner - I lost 2 stones last year on SS, kept it off for 14 months, and put it back on since March this year due some personal problems and a total loss of self-esteem (lol! - u know how it is sometimes). Well, when I decided to come back I heard about SS+. For me that sounds good because I can't live without tea and a splash of milk (I don't have much milk anyway). So, I thought I would do that and 3-4 shakes depending on appetite. It is also nice to know that I can have a green/white and protein meal if necessary. But I wondered - do you find that you get hungry on SS+? because that really is the biggest benefit for me of SS, not having to worry about hunger after day 3 or 4.

Any comments appreciated.

I'm only on second week as well but alternate between ss & ss+, some days I do long bike rides (was doing them before CD) and short runs and just feel I need the extra chicken or milk or whatever it might be. Usually less than ss+ portion.

The food you are allowed to eat on ss plus keeps u in ketosis so u still dont feel the hunger xxx

Back