Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Can you swap between SS and SS+ on the diet?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by November_girl, 15 July 2009 Social URL.

1. November_girl

November_girl Member

I am on SS at the minute and am finding it hard. Is it possible to mix SS with SS+ for days when I feel I really need to eat but dont want to ruin the diet, or do I have to stick to one or the other?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. eyeontheprize

eyeontheprize can see the end in sight!

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(37.98%)
    Diet:
    Currently - Cambridge SS+
    I think some people do this, and indeed I have done it, but fir best results it's best to stick to one or the other for a week.

If you are finding ss hard, why not move up to ss+? The losses are very similar and it works better for some people.

4. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I do both, often lol

My losses are below..dunno weather i'd have lost more doing pure SS but i need some kind of food!

5. Lizzylocket

Lizzylocket Winning a losing battle!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(17.17%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    My CDC says it's ok to do, although I don't think it's 'officially' recommended.

I would think you're better off doing that than having a blip though!

6. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I just cant see the problem doing both :)

Its literally about another 170 cals extra per day on SS+ ..i mainly do it coz i treadmill 5 times a week so mines for the extra calories plus i like 'food' too much to just have shakes etc x

7. EllieMellie

EllieMellie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(17.65%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    My CDC says it's fine too! x

8. tina arena

tina arena Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I've been swopping from one day to the next, just depending on my needs. I start the day doing SS, but if by the end of the day I feel I need a bit more I just have another shake or bar. It keeps me from cheating and It's still within the "rules"!! Hope this helps xx

9. BREN

BREN is going to loose!

Start Weight:
    83kg
    Current Weight:
    80.8kg
    Goal Weight:
    72kg
    Lost(%):
    2.2kg(2.68%)
    Diet:
    CALORIE COUNTING :)
    Well I am doing exactly that as we speak....

I have had 2.5 CD packs today and I'm on 810. I'm 5ft7 and cannot SS however yesterday due to being sick I didn't feel like eating and I SS'd on 3 pack and nibbled on 10 nuts and 2 TBS of low fat yoghurt. I am just about to have porridge and thinking that later I might have another pack instead of a meal. If I really focus I might just have half a hot choc drink and this would make 4 packs (might try really had for that one).

But yeah some days you need something and when doing SS after 4 weeks you must do SS+ and this is because your body needs to be tricked into thinking it is doing something different so the losses or stall in losses pass. I can never ever have the strength to commit 100%.

Last edited: 16 July 2009
  10. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've been 100% since day one not cheated on a single thing in 9 weeks think it's helped by doing ss+ and really think more people should give ss plus a go to stop the nibbles LOL

BREN likes this.
  11. imagisal

imagisal Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Sole Source
    I have been thinking about going up to SS+ as have been struggling with SS so thanks for all the info. Think I will keep the option of an extra shake in the evening as this is where the 'eat eat eat ' thoughts kick in and its exasperating after having a good day to sabotage results buy a stupid last minute nibble.

12. LV30

LV30 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.68%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    That's exactly what I'm thinking - definitely going to move up to SS+ after I weigh tomorrow. I've been 100% on SS (for 7 weeks) but now I feel the need to move up a step. I've also been wondering whether I could swap and change from SS to SS+ and I think I now know the answer!!

I can't wait to have some chicken... woohoo!!

Lynne
    x

13. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    what can you actually eat on ss+ my cdc hasnt mentioned it at all?

14. borntofly

borntofly In it to win it.

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.87%)
    Diet:
    Exante (switched frm CD 10/09/09)
    Hey Laurie.

I forget the exact weights, but its a smallish amount of lean protein - suck as skinless chicken, white fish (no oily fish), tuna, or Quorn (good as you can have a fair amount with your meal), fat free cottage cheese or quark. You can have two tablespoons of green/white veggies such as salad leaves so long as they are low carb. Sounds a bit plain and boring, but when you are used to doing SS the meals are a great break. I'm at work now so not sure of the quantities - perhaps someone else knows??

I also use cholua chilli sauce from asda - it has literally a couple of cals and next to zero carbs. Highly recommended.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.