Can you swap between SS and SS+ on the diet?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by November_girl, 15 July 2009 Social URL.

1. November_girl

November_girl Member

I am on SS at the minute and am finding it hard. Is it possible to mix SS with SS+ for days when I feel I really need to eat but dont want to ruin the diet, or do I have to stick to one or the other?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. eyeontheprize

eyeontheprize can see the end in sight!

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(37.98%)
    Diet:
    Currently - Cambridge SS+
    I think some people do this, and indeed I have done it, but fir best results it's best to stick to one or the other for a week.

If you are finding ss hard, why not move up to ss+? The losses are very similar and it works better for some people.

4. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I do both, often lol

My losses are below..dunno weather i'd have lost more doing pure SS but i need some kind of food!

5. Lizzylocket

Lizzylocket Winning a losing battle!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(17.17%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    My CDC says it's ok to do, although I don't think it's 'officially' recommended.

I would think you're better off doing that than having a blip though!

6. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I just cant see the problem doing both :)

Its literally about another 170 cals extra per day on SS+ ..i mainly do it coz i treadmill 5 times a week so mines for the extra calories plus i like 'food' too much to just have shakes etc x

7. EllieMellie

EllieMellie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(17.65%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    My CDC says it's fine too! x

8. tina arena

tina arena Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I've been swopping from one day to the next, just depending on my needs. I start the day doing SS, but if by the end of the day I feel I need a bit more I just have another shake or bar. It keeps me from cheating and It's still within the "rules"!! Hope this helps xx

9. BREN

BREN is going to loose!

Start Weight:
    83kg
    Current Weight:
    80.8kg
    Goal Weight:
    72kg
    Lost(%):
    2.2kg(2.68%)
    Diet:
    CALORIE COUNTING :)
    Well I am doing exactly that as we speak....

I have had 2.5 CD packs today and I'm on 810. I'm 5ft7 and cannot SS however yesterday due to being sick I didn't feel like eating and I SS'd on 3 pack and nibbled on 10 nuts and 2 TBS of low fat yoghurt. I am just about to have porridge and thinking that later I might have another pack instead of a meal. If I really focus I might just have half a hot choc drink and this would make 4 packs (might try really had for that one).

But yeah some days you need something and when doing SS after 4 weeks you must do SS+ and this is because your body needs to be tricked into thinking it is doing something different so the losses or stall in losses pass. I can never ever have the strength to commit 100%.

Last edited: 16 July 2009
  10. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've been 100% since day one not cheated on a single thing in 9 weeks think it's helped by doing ss+ and really think more people should give ss plus a go to stop the nibbles LOL

BREN likes this.
  11. imagisal

imagisal Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Sole Source
    I have been thinking about going up to SS+ as have been struggling with SS so thanks for all the info. Think I will keep the option of an extra shake in the evening as this is where the 'eat eat eat ' thoughts kick in and its exasperating after having a good day to sabotage results buy a stupid last minute nibble.

12. LV30

LV30 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.68%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    That's exactly what I'm thinking - definitely going to move up to SS+ after I weigh tomorrow. I've been 100% on SS (for 7 weeks) but now I feel the need to move up a step. I've also been wondering whether I could swap and change from SS to SS+ and I think I now know the answer!!

I can't wait to have some chicken... woohoo!!

Lynne
    x

13. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    what can you actually eat on ss+ my cdc hasnt mentioned it at all?

14. borntofly

borntofly In it to win it.

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.87%)
    Diet:
    Exante (switched frm CD 10/09/09)
    Hey Laurie.

I forget the exact weights, but its a smallish amount of lean protein - suck as skinless chicken, white fish (no oily fish), tuna, or Quorn (good as you can have a fair amount with your meal), fat free cottage cheese or quark. You can have two tablespoons of green/white veggies such as salad leaves so long as they are low carb. Sounds a bit plain and boring, but when you are used to doing SS the meals are a great break. I'm at work now so not sure of the quantities - perhaps someone else knows??

I also use cholua chilli sauce from asda - it has literally a couple of cals and next to zero carbs. Highly recommended.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.