Can you visualise yourself thin?

I was lying in bed last night, Excitedly trying to think of when I (hopefully) lose weight, And what clothes I would buy etc but I just couldn`t visualise myself thin :confused:

I had my children young and always had a weight problem due to Underactive Thyroid and PCOS since, So it has been a loooooong time since I wasn`t "big" and I just cannot remember what it is like to be thin?

I have lots of big things coming up this year that I am determined to get slim for!!!!!! And can`t wait to be able to buy nice clothes for them - Most notable one is the Bizarre Ball in London, I want to be thin enough to wear something sexy ;) :D

So, Am I the only one?

LiSe xX

** I posted this in the general weight loss bit, But wasn`t sure any of you post there x

I'm with you on this one, i have also been big forever. I was always a cubby kid then i also had my kids young and with my first i put on 4 stone and i grew and grew and grew lol so nope i don't know what its going to be like but i know its going to be better than this :)

I worry a lot about how i'm going to be as a person because i have heard people say that losing weight can change someone's personality a bit. I know this is true when putting weight on because my personality has changed once i got bigger due to lack of confidence and self loath, so does your head grow when our body's shrink ?!

Hi ladies, I haven't always been big (although I thought I was at the time) but the last time I lost alot of weight (on sw) after my first daughter was born-I remember how good it felt. It was lovely being able to wear quite tight fitting trousers without having to try and cover my bum up! I reached my target just before we went on holiday, and funnily enough, they're the only holiday photos that I actually dont mind looking at. It was lovely being able to wear bikinis, dresses without feeeling self concious (I've never been skinny, I was a size 14 on that holiday, but being 5'9 I felt ok (for once))That was in 2002 and I'm over 3 stone heavier now. Its too late for my next holiday which is in May, so I'll be covered up in a sarong/shorts again, but I am determined this time to get slimmer again. It felt very good and I want to feel that again.

A friend of mine split up with her husband after she lost 8 stone. She had always been big, ever since they married and they were quite content to saty at home and bring their daughter up. but when she started losing the weight, she became more outgoing and confident. She started moaning about her husband being boring and never wanting to go out. She went out with friends,and was flattered when she got chatted up. They grew apart and are now waiting for their divorce to come through (they were married 15 years). I do think that if she hadn't lost the weight they would have still been together now. So for her, it definately was life changing.

You are right Sass, Anything has got to be better than now.

I am about 4-5 stone overweight and my health is now starting to suffer :(

I just really cannot imagine being thin though, It`s doing my head in LOL

Xxx

Hi Looby,

Well done on your previous weight loss, Have you a lot to lose this time?

I was never big until after I had my 3rd child as I piled on the weight and have trouble losing it again :(

I`m sorry to hear about your friend and her husband :(

My DH is more of a stay in kind of guy, But I have always gone out when/if I wanted to so I don`t think that will be an issue for me. We are starting to do more together already now that our children are older (17,14,13 and 3) and he is extremely supportive of me so I think we will be ok :)

When is it you are starting the Xenical again?

Now I am resigned to giving up feeding (still feeding until 100% have the pills in my hand lol) I am impatient to start my journey!

LiSe xX

Hiya Lise, I've got 3.5 stone to lose to get down to a size 14 again, but I would be happy enough if I could lose 2 for this summer. I'm really fed up with the way I look at the moment and as far as my marriage is concerned, i think it would improve if i lost the weight. My hubby never moans and says he loves me the way I am blah blah but I'm not happy and its effecting my confidence so things are a bit quiet in the bedroom department :ashamed0005:
sorry tmi! I cant believe I've let myself get like thia again :( I start on the xenical on Thursday. If I get on ok with it, im going to go back to docs after a month and try again. Dont want to keep paying £62 if I can get it on prescription.

Good luck with your journey Lise, you sound determined, I'm sure you'll get there.

Lou x

I was lying in bed last night, Excitedly trying to think of when I (hopefully) lose weight, And what clothes I would buy etc but I just couldn`t visualise myself thin :confused:

I had my children young and always had a weight problem due to Underactive Thyroid and PCOS since, So it has been a loooooong time since I wasn`t "big" and I just cannot remember what it is like to be thin?

I have lots of big things coming up this year that I am determined to get slim for!!!!!! And can`t wait to be able to buy nice clothes for them - Most notable one is the Bizarre Ball in London, I want to be thin enough to wear something sexy ;) :D

So, Am I the only one?

LiSe xX

** I posted this in the general weight loss bit, But wasn`t sure any of you post there x
Hi, I'm a size 22 and weigh 19.5stone but I don't see myself as being as big as I must be, I hope this makes sence.
I've always been big and am on my 5th day of LT. It's sooo hard but like you I spend most of my time thinking of the clothes I can buy in a few months time.
But I find this easy because I tried the Paul MacKenna Think yourself thin book. It is very good but not quick enough for me but the CD which comes with the book is fantastic as it helps you like yourself the way you are which in turns helps you to see the way you could be.
I hope this helps, I got the book with CD for £6 off play.com.
Keep on dreaming and you'll get there, love Erica. xxx (I'm on here under Rix).

Hey Looby x

Oh to be a size 14 again! LOL

I am in a 16-18-20 at the moment. 20 is very loose on my and I have to hoik my troos up all the time lol 18 is comfy and I an squeeze into a 16 "somtimes" but most of the time my horrid fat tummy gets in the way :( So I`m not actually in a 16 yet. My waist is smaller - Just need to chop my tummy off or something then i`d be set :8855:

I know what you mean about confidance *hugs* Bless, My poor DH just puts up with it. Oh well, We can make it up to them when we are skinny and sexy ;):D

I think it is so easy to get bigger as it is a gradual process and it just kinda creeps up on us. But, We WILL make it this time! We WILL be healthy and happy :D

Good Luck for Thursday x

LiSe Xxx

Hi Erica x

Thanks for the advice about the Paul McKenna book/cd - I will look into it :)

How are things going for you on the Lipotrim? I`m not familiar with it, So not sure if it is shakes etc or what?

I hope your week is going well for you, Good luck with the weight loss!

Take care,

LiSe Xxx

Ahhh thanks Lise, you're right, the weight just creeps on (and so easily :mad:) so you hardly notice. Once I did realise I'd gained alot, my favourite saying was "I'll start next week"...but it took me along time to get round to starting, then I had trouble sticking with it. Nevermind, like you said-we will make it this time and be healthy and happy (oh and sexy;)) lol.

Hi all,

I agree it took time to see how big i had become.:eek: When I think of myself thin I see how I used to be before I put the weight onrather that what I could be like. It's gonna take some getting used to when we get there thats for sure.

We can all do it though, how great we will feel when we realise we've done it!!:553:
x

Hey, try not to worry too much about not being able to visualise being thin. Take each day as it comes and before you know it, you'll be looking in the mirror and wondering where the other half of you went and why you have to wear a belt with all trousers. Go for it! xxx

I`m so old I can`t remember what it was like when I was thin LOL x

Back