Cannot get full.

Addibelle

A happy downward spiral
So far today I have had:

Pineapple Lolly
HEB of Fibre Plus Bar
Tomato MugShot
Punnet of Strawberries
Pasta with mince and LOADS of veggies (leftover dinner)
And as I was still SO hungry
Batchelors Savoury Rice.

I just cant stop eating and dont feel full.
This week has went so well so far too.
I dont want to ruin it now.

=(

I find this if I have too much fruit or carbs.

What helps me is to have a slimming world quiche on the go in the fridge and this keeps my cravings for food down as its very low carb, eggs, ham, veg, cottage cheese.

Have scrambled egg if you get hungry again! :D

Have you been drinking plenty? I always find that if I dont drink enough

You don't actually "have" to feel full. You should really eat until sated not stuffed. If you don't have physical belly rumblings then it could be "emotional hunger" you're trying to feel rather than physical.

Agree with sweet pink - try drinking more fluids - sometimes you can mistake hunger for thirst
x

We are all different Mrs Wilsoncroft :)

If you have a fair bit to lose your body may not quite react to sugars in the same way as someone of "normal" weight. Mine doesnt as I have insulin resistance like many others with quite a bit to lose so if I have something carby like rice I often feel hungry soon after, fruit is the same for me.

I think it's just finding what works for you!

I haven't had anything else yet.
Called hubby and were gonna make a lovely healthy soup for dinner.

I hope I haven't ruined my weight loss for the week by eating so much.

I think you need more protein as it keeps you full for longer.

You don't actually "have" to feel full. You should really eat until sated not stuffed. If you don't have physical belly rumblings then it could be "emotional hunger" you're trying to feel rather than physical.

I do so agree with this. Ask yourself why you feel you have to be full?

I felt hungry on the bus on the way home today. I still feel hungry (I am eating some Little Gem lettuce, though). My dinner will be ready in half an hour and when I eat it I will enjoy it all the more for feeling hungry.

When I was growing up we had our meals, and that was it. No snacks. If we were hungry, we were told that dinner would be ready soon. It is a relatively recent thing that people think they should be eating all the time.

I find this happens to me some days too. I can recommend protein snacks, they seem to hit the spot much better - I like hard boiled eggs, bits of wafer thin ham or crab sticks.

It's not even that I didn't feel full, I actually felt so hungry.
Like I hadn't eaten anything all day.
Felt out of control.

Agree with Sweet Pink that you should try drinking water and also with Eternity that you should eat more protein. The only protein you've had is mince.

I feel like that today. And COLD! The heatings on and I'm wrapped up but feel really chilly.

So far today I have had:

Pineapple Lolly
HEB of Fibre Plus Bar
Tomato MugShot
Punnet of Strawberries
Pasta with mince and LOADS of veggies (leftover dinner)
And as I was still SO hungry
Batchelors Savoury Rice.

I just cant stop eating and dont feel full.
This week has went so well so far too.
I dont want to ruin it now.

=(

As others have said you need to be drinking around 8 glasses of water per day. Some people have squash or diet coke instead etc. as it tastes nicer. Personally I'd go with the water (you can have the others as well but at least 8 glasses of water lol).

Personally I would replace the fibre bar, Bachelor's rice, pineapple lolly, mugshot, with meat, or fish, more fruit, veg potatoes etc. - something more "substantial" though I appreciate it is your plan and what you like. I'm very fortunate that I never feel hungry, but I do have plenty of fruit, veg and salad, peas, beans, and some bread (wholemeal etc.) and have fish, chicken, steak, beef several times per week.

As mentioned feeling full is not necessary, feel satisfied, or even just eat enough until you no longer feel hungry!

Have you not considered the 4 Ryvitas with Laughing Cow for added fibre and HEXA + HEXB? - I tend to have a large salad with most dishes (whether required or not)!

I'd have "padded out" the mince and pasta with passata/tins of tomato and enough onions, mushrooms, peppers etc. to sink a ship! (as well as any other veg).

Eat more can fill you up - you might just need to find what you prefer;)

Steve

eternity said:
I think you need more protein as it keeps you full for longer.

This is so true, on the days I have cheese omelette and beans for breakfast for breakfast I'm stuffed all morning! Weetabix, banana and milk, hungry by break time!

lilaloves said:
It's not even that I didn't feel full, I actually felt so hungry.
Like I hadn't eaten anything all day.
Felt out of control.

That's exactly what I felt like in my first week! It was so weird. I would be literally ravenous after a huge plate of pasta even though I was eating a million times more food than before joining sw!

Back