cant afford classes

meena

hello. my name is meena and i have been reading for a few months now to see if i can get help with my diet. my doctor is very worried about my weight and says that my high blood pressure is because of it. he gave me a diet sheet in april but i have only managed to loose five pounds.

the stuff i have read about weightwatchers i like and i like the idea of being able to eat anything but to stick to a daily allowance. i am a single mother of 6 and dont have much money to buy a lot of fresh food for myself and can not pay to go to classes.

is there somewhere i can get a list of foods and how many points they have

well apparently if you take the calories of a serving and divide that by 70 And then take the saturated fat per serving and divide that by 4 and then add those two values together, then round up to the nearest half a point! That gives you the points value for the food and you could use any calculator to do that.

I don't know what else to suggest. I read somewhere that GP's can prescribe weight watchers and therefore I assume the NHS pays for it. Maybe ask at your surgery?

Definitely go to your gp and ask them about the scheme where by you join weight watchers for 12 weeks and the doctors pay
you can learn all you need in that time
apart from that you could try ebay for information
the following site has a lot of information - I dont know if it is enough but it should help
your points level is higher than mine so I think you have a lot of points - others of course will have more than you

My Long and Bumpy Journey - Home

Hi! I am also not attending classes, and I have managed to gather info generally on the internet and from this site to help me :) There are loads of useful websites with points info and pointed recipes, just do a google search for weight watchers and see what comes up. I agree that the long and bumpy journey website has loads of info on it as well. Also, if you have a poundland nearby, have a look in the food section because they often have loads of different weight watchers products in there - which is great when you're on a budget!

Good luck with your weight loss, I'm sure you'll do great :D

obviously ww products have the point on the packets but so do tesco lite choices stuff and i think sainsburys have started putting them on their be good to yourself range

Hey! Rainbowdropps is spot on. That should help you out with most packeted food. I don't go to classes i just got a couple of books from ebay and of course pestered all these lovely people daily (thanks for that guys xx)

You could always buy the WW magazine too. In this months issue there is a voucher for free WW meeting registration and also 2 weeks of WW online for free. So might very well be worth the £2.60 to buy the mag.

Good luck on your journey xxx

Welcome meena. I am on 27 points a day as I have loads to lose. I make alot of meals from scratch rather than buying ready meals so that works out cheaper depending on your choice of recipe of course. I also make soup every few days which is not only cheap but often 0 points. I agree with Saski the magazine may be worth buying to give u ideas & also this fab site. Best of luck x

hi. thank you for all your replies. i have had some good news today. after a talk with my mother she has offered to pay my weekly class fee and she is coming with me. weve found a class near her home and will be going tomorrow.

im dreading seeing how much i actually do weigh but at the same time im excited that im going to do it.

hi. thank you for all your replies. i have had some good news today. after a talk with my mother she has offered to pay my weekly class fee and she is coming with me. weve found a class near her home and will be going tomorrow.

im dreading seeing how much i actually do weigh but at the same time im excited that im going to do it.

That is fantastic - your mother obviously cares very deeply about you to help in such a way
she could save a little money by joining you both up on a monthly pass

good luck to you both

Yeh good news and good luck :)
I agree with H,sign up for monthly pass and then you will also get free esource on the ww site..
Have a good day

thank you for that advice fuzzy, ive just looked at the monthly pass information on the website and it looks like a good idea.

hi meena and:welcome2:IM pretty new too IM DOING M/PASS it works out so much cheaper 4.14 awk for meeting and esource thought it would give me the incentive to go every wk the other day got my pass through also vouchers with it for various things used the temporary one had printed of f the ww site till I got it.:)

Back