Cant afford to higher a tux or dress for the gala

onefatmama

Hi all,

Im one of the short listed and going to the event in the day and staying over the saturday night, I would dearly love to go to the gala in the night, especially if Im lucky enough to win an award :) but the cost to higher a tux and dress is stupid.

Would hubby be refused entry if he showed up in a smart shirt and tie?

any ides on cheap tux etc..

Thanks

OFM xx

Have a look on ebay, it's amazing what you can get for a littlw money..

Have a look round the charity shops - a lot of them 'save' their evening wear through the year and put it out near Christmas. If you've not got the time to trawl round, try phoning some - most will be happy to put a few bits aside for you.

Since I've lost some weight I've bought some lovely bits in them, because I don't want to splash out on clothes when I intend to keep dropping down the sizes.

FOr yourself you could try TK Maxx they do really lovely evening dresses for reasonable price - around £30 ish....

dh got a tux once from Asda and I don't think it was too expensive
I have got a couple of evening dresses from ebay too

Yeah asda! There's a dress shop in cardiff that buys peoples prom dresses and evening wear at 50% the original price and sells it for 65% the original price

Have a look if you've got a local shop that does the same xx

Where abouts are you and what size is OH?

Hiya

Just seen on 'This Morning' the tux from asda - it was £35 for the whole thing - shirt included (I think) they really rated it, said it was fab - it certainly looked good! You could always sell it on ebay after the do?

Sharon
xx

Back