cant be bothered to go to

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by metrognome, 25 June 2009 Social URL.

1. metrognome

metrognome is getting better at it

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    weigh in tonight :(
    Been looking forward to it all day and now i am home i cant be asked to walk all that way.
    I knew this would happen a few weeks in and i get bored and not bother any more it happens all the time. Plus my ibs is playing up wicked so i know when i get on the scales it will show a gain as i am full up with air.
    Still on the plus side other half has gone away for the week so i can please myself and eat what i want to :p so am going to go through the recipes to see if i can get some interest in the plan back

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Is it to late to set off??? Go to group hun - you'll feel better for it later??? Talk to your C about your feelings and see if they can help xxx

4. metrognome

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    yes its to late now

5. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Aww, I can relate to that - I actually haven't even joined a group because I do exactly the same thing when I go on my own - I start off really well, go and get weighed every week, and then I end up thinking "ah, I can't be bothered to go this week, I'll go next week" and that carries on until it's just too late to go back.

I find it helps a LOT if I'm going with someone else though (if someone else is relying on me going with them then it's not so easy to get out of - really keeps me going with the meetings), so if you know anyone else who's doing SW, or is thinking of doing SW, then maybe suggest you go together - might help :)

x

6. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well have a good night off then hun xxx :D

7. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Bit of a self fulfilling profecy (I'm so sorry for the crap spelling, it's way off lately!), you say you get bored and give up after a few weeks and look now it's happening! You need a more positive attitude, try saying "In the past I have been known to quit but this time I will stick to it because it's worth it!"

8. Leanne89

Leanne89 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thats exactly how i felt today been so run down this week and thought no i not going lol so i had a long long soak in the bath was lush!

9. metrognome

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    thanks, i know if the scales showed a gain tonight i would have given up, but i am now cooking the cheesy chicken and bacon from the recipe section for my dinner and have the doner loaf in the oven for my lunch tomorrow so have spent the time off planning ahead for the week
    thanks again

10. Indieflower

Indieflower I have my mojo

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    Glad to see you're back on track Karen! And you're doing exactly the right thing motivating yourself with cooking. Experimentation leads to success! Oh and I couldn't view that email you sent the other day btw....it was just a grey box....or was it meant to be just a grey box? lol :D

K xx

11. metrognome

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    no it was an email with garfield and why we get bigger lol

12. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Don't defeat yourself! It's a slippery slope. If you stop going... a year from now you'll still be at a weight you're unhappy with and be thinking to yourself, "dammit! If only I'd kept going I'd have lost a whole bunch of weight by now..." Don't let that happen!! Have a word with yourself. Remember the feeling that drove you to join in the first place and fire up that motivation again! Keep going! You can do it!

couteaux likes this.
  13. couteaux

couteaux Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan!
    Do you get involved with other people at class? I have found the last cpl times I joined a group I didn't really click with anyone, I would sit not really talking to people. So no-one would really notice if I was there or not. This time I have really tried to get involved, I sit with a group of people and have found it makes a big difference to me. In a way, it gives extra motivation to keep going - agree with you Marie-D :)

Wish you the best for this week, I am getting back on to the plan 100% - lets hope we have a fab week ahead! :D

14. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Sorry you were feeling that way, but hopefully you feel in a more positive mood today. Is there another night you could go to class on and get weighed, its the slippery slope if you let it slip, one missed week leads to another etc. Just face up to it, get weighed and move on. Hope you have a good weekend and enjoy your recipes. xx

15. metrognome

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    thanks all i feel in a better mood today and am going to try and find one later if i get my cab back, just going to have a look on the website

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.