Can't believe I did it again!! AGAIN....!!

Nixy

I don't normally write these kind of messages, i have been hanging around this site for a while but feel now is the time I need support.

So I got down to within 7lb of my target at the end of March for my holiday, I was doing a mixture of slimming world and low carb and the weight was falling off. Since I have been back from holiday I have put on a stone :)break_diet::cry:) I feel pretty down about it which isn't helping me get back on track.

I made the mistake of following a strict low carb plan last week which had worked for me in the past but this time really messed up my tummy (so lesson learnt) But im so inpatient, I want to be losing 7lb a week and when I don't i get upset and eat, so the cycle begins.

So I think its time to go back to basics and count the calories, i'm so bored of trying to diet and I was so close to my target last time, can't believe i blew it (and all my nice clothes don't fit any more) I think instead of no carb i need to concentrate on low GI as well as the calories as I have polycystic ovaries

I refuse to spend more money on products/slimming clubs etc. So will love to get to know you guys/girls better and utilise this great support network, so any advise is greatly appreciated

I know in theory losing weight isn't rocket science its just burning more than you consume but there are so many confusing messages out there!! I jut want to do this once and for all

xx

:) well done on getting so close to goal!! If you did it once you can SO do it again!!
If your a bit confused about what calories you should be eating there's a great sticky on here for working it out or you can take the lazy route (read my preferred route lol) and sign up to myfitnesspal for free and they'll do all the maths for you :) there's a website and a phone app.
It works out your recommended daily calorie intake based on height weight age and the weekly loss you want. Then you can use it to track your food, do your calorie counting for you and track your nutrition :)
I think you'll struggle to lose 7lbs a week on CC but you WILL lose! And it will help you transition into maintenance without a massive rebound ;) good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi nixy,
I am just like you, I want to be slim now!!!
You did so good getting weight off and getting to goal before, and you've only put a stone on, so if ya knuckle down, count those cals you should be back down in no time, but I know it's rubbish when you get to goal then put it on again, that happened to me I was going to weight watchers years ago and my goal was 10st, I got to 9st 13lb I felt brill then went on hol, thought I was slim so didn't need to diet anymore, and since then I've just got bigger and bigger, now I'm at my biggest and need about 5st off to get back down, so if you do it now at about 1st over it's not a massive hill to climb.xxx

Hi Nixy

Like you, I have PCOS and whilst I don't feel it's much harder for us to lose weight (but I've always eaten Low GI since I started losing - so don't know how I'd fare on 1200 cals of more processed foods), I find we gain it SO much easier!

Best of luck to you - you've been close before, you can do it again :)

Hi to all who wish to lose weight rapidly. It just can't be done healthily! You may do it short term but then you will crash & burn. One to two pounds per week is a sensible goal, if you don't think that is much, try hanging one pound off the end of your nose. :D

Please believe this old bat who has all the t-shirts imaginable.
Good luck. :)

Yes I find I lose weight ok but put it on so quickly!!

I get very impatient but it's something like 25 weeks till my next big holiday so that's only 1lb a week, i can do that!

I keep thinking i should go back to a slimming club but as I don't have the money at the moment i'm going to try hard from home

Thanks everyone

Hi, i know the feeling of losing lots and putting it back on...just be prepared for it this time, maintenance is a whole new challenge once we get there!

You did so well to get so close!! It just proves YOU can do this again. :)

Lol Nixy, that's the story of my life! You will do it - you have support here.

Lego is right, if you can do it once then you can definitely do it again. Remember long term weight loss(and keeping it off) is a lifestyle change, that's why these novelty diets like the cabbage soup diet don't work because as soon as you stop them, you go back to eating the only way you know how - the way you were pre-diet. I've been dieting since December last year, and it's only been in the past month and a half that I can confidently say that I've now well and truley changed my lifestyle. :D

Until a three months ago, I did eat healthy, but I used to still get the little "Go on, only one chip won't hurt" voice sometimes and cravings for unhealthy foods like chocolate and junk but I can honestly say that I don't anymore because I've kinda 'trained' by body ( jeezo I'm beginning to sound like such a fitness die hard!) and now I would automatically crave and apple and not chocolate. Of course I'm a great believer in allowing yourself a treat ever now and again. Like if I want ice cream, I'll have it, I just know that I can't have it everyday.

Just stick with it and your body will soon adapt to your new lifestyle and won't want to go back. :D Best of luck! You can do it! If someone like me can do it, then so can you!

Hi Nixy

Like you, I have PCOS and whilst I don't feel it's much harder for us to lose weight (but I've always eaten Low GI since I started losing - so don't know how I'd fare on 1200 cals of more processed foods), I find we gain it SO much easier!

Best of luck to you - you've been close before, you can do it again :)
Can I ask, is there a low GI book you recommend? I have ordered, "Living the GI diet" by Rick Gallop but really have no idea as to what is best. So far I'm calorie counting only.

Ditto yes, I'd love a good a good GI book/website recommendation.

Can I ask, is there a low GI book you recommend? I have ordered, "Living the GI diet" by Rick Gallop but really have no idea as to what is best. So far I'm calorie counting only.

I have the GI Diet by Rick Gallop - which is probably the older version of the one you've ordered and it's a really good book!

My favourite is Patrick Holford's Low GL Diet Bible (if you're not familiar with GL it's pretty much the same as GI but accounts for weights of things in the score!) - it has a wonderful explanation of why the diet is healthy and has an AMAZING recipe section - the chickpea curry is to DIE for. It is actually my BIBLE, and in conjunction with Gallop's book you'll be well set. The Gallop book explains all the fundamentals and is really handy as a guide and having a quick look at - the tables and shopping lists are great and it's really easy to digest (pun intended) whereas the Holford book is a big thing, extensive and authoritative.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Low-GL-Diet...1677/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308426978&sr=8-2

As far as cookbooks are concerned - you don't really need any in my opinion as the above both have a selection of fantastic recipes, but I do quite like the Good Housekeeping GI one, and GI Meals made easy by Barbara Wilson (but the latter has no pictures).

Back